Do you want to be part of using the business of banking as a force for good? Do you want to create positive impact for people and the planet? Bank Australia is the bank for people who want to be part of a movement creating a fairer and more just world.
We’re growing fast as more people choose to align their banking with their values. We’re a customer owned, B Corp certified bank. We empower our staff and 180,000+ customers to be part of the clean money movement.
We have an exciting full time opportunity for a Product Compliance Manager to join our Retail Banking Division. The Product Compliance Manager is responsible for managing the Bank’s product compliance obligations. You will analyse, manage, execute and ensure product adherence to all regulatory, audit and compliance requirements on behalf of Bank Australia.
Why join us
- We have big plans to become Australia’s most trusted bank and a leading purpose-driven business.
- As a certified B Corp, we’re part of a global business community who meet the highest social and environmental standards, putting purpose over profit.
- Every role and person in our bank is essential to bringing our values, purpose and aspiration to life.
- We offer flexible working options and competitive salary and benefits, including 11% super and paid parental, volunteer and family violence leave.
- We support our staff to grow their careers through learning and development and an organisational culture where we reward and recognise innovation and values, not long hours.
- We are committed to building an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce that reflects the Australian community.
- We are the first bank in the world to own its own Conservation Reserve – which we use to protect threatened species and involve staff in conservation.
What you will be doing
- Create supporting processes, working practices, and frameworks to align with the requirements of regulatory obligations
- Manage the Product Design & Distribution Obligations (DDO) regulatory requirements
- Perform regulatory breach assessments and coordinate responses to auditors and regulators as required
- Align efforts with the Product Management Policy and revise the documentation appropriately
- Work with various internal stakeholders to manage to product obligations and run continuous improvement sessions
- Prepare various product compliance and risk reports to the Executive team, Board, Risk Committee and Operational Risk Committee
- Provide assistance to management across the business with specialist information and support required to fulfil their product compliance responsibilities.
What you will bring
- Advocate change management agility and continuous improvement practices
- Demonstrable prioritisation, organisational and time management skills
- A sense of enquiry and strong attention to detail
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to develop considerate and well researched solutions and shape recommendations
- Ability to develop and facilitate working processes and frameworks
- Relevant financial services industry experience, preferably within the banking sector
- Tertiary or additional qualification in product management, audit, law, commerce, business analysis or risk management will be highly regarded
- Commitment to Bank Australia’s purpose, aspiration, values and brand as well as the B Corp ethos.
Bank Australia reserves the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time. Candidates will be progressed as applications are received, rather than after the advertisement closure date. If you wish to be considered, please submit your application as soon as possible. Please note, the successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory background checks including but not limited to police and previous employment.