- Karingal Community - Devonport, TAS
- Casual Position
About the Company:
Baptcare is a purpose driven and faith-based organisation working across Victoria, Tasmania and South Australia, providing residential and community care for older people and support to children, families, and people with disability, financially disadvantaged people and people seeking asylum.
Our Values are Wellbeing, Ethics, Co-creating, Accountability, Respect and Effectiveness.
With over 3,000 employees across VIC, SA and TAS, Baptcare is a progressive organisation focused on our Mission of partnering for fullness of life with people of all ages, cultures, beliefs and circumstances to achieve our Vision of communities where every person is cherished.
About the role:
Our Aged Care facilities provide a safe, caring and nurturing environment for care recipients. This position demonstrates a commitment to best practice in aged care, maintaining an optimal level of dignity, comfort and quality of life for care recipients at our Karingal Community facility located in Devonport, Tasmania.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Unit Manager in the delivery of Resident centred care through assessment, planning, documentation and evaluation
- Implement the intervention/s identified in the plan of care for each Resident and ensure the Resident's response to these directives is evaluated, communicated and documented in the progress notes
- Facilitate clear communication system between all members of the team and leads by example to promote a professional and compassionate approach to care
- Maintain clear, consistent communication in relation to all aspects of care (to colleagues, staff, Residents & families) while respecting individual privacy and dignity.
- Understands and adheres to the regulatory compliance relating to medication management.
- Ensures safe and secure management of medications.
- Attends site meetings and mandatory staff training as required or directed by site Manager.
- Liaise with both internal and external customers (Residents, families, contractors and visitors) in a compassionate, helpful manner that best reflects the Baptcare Mission and Vision statement.
- Demonstrate an understanding, and be able to complete, internal audits that help maintain the quality framework.
- Contributes pro-actively to the continuous improvement risk management processes and can explain same to any other stakeholders
- Current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Experience working within the Aged Care Sector or with Elderly people
- Proficient in computer literacy, including Microsoft Word & basic Excel
- Have a recent Police Check within the last 12 months specific to working with vulnerable people (or be willing to get one)
- Must have had or be willing to get a Flu vaccination and COVID vaccination
- Ability to meet and perform the inherent requirements of the role
If you have any queries, please contact Trent Baxter via email email@example.com, using the subject line: Registered Nurse - Devonport enquiry via EthicalJobs.