- Are you an experienced Counsellor passionate about children and families?
- This is a rewarding permanent part-time position (4 days p/w) based at Campbelltown
- Be part of a warm and friendly team culture | Enjoy salary packaging benefits
About the Role and the Counselling and Family Services Team:
The purpose of this very fulfilling role is to provide counselling, support and specialist group programmes to individuals, couples, children and families through collaborative practices that are trauma informed, evidence based and psycho-educational.
Supporting clients from all walks of life to overcome difficulties, build resilience, to enhance their quality of life and relationships. Being skilled in Family and Domestic Violence with the willingness to work with both victims and perpetrators as this is a high percentage of our core business.
Our team work together to create trusted places where people gather, community is strong and lives are transformed. We walk with each person to understand the unique circumstances of their life and we empower them to live well through practical and reliable support.
- Maintain a clinical counselling caseload, (including after-hours appointments when required) within the hours, days and at the location determined by the relevant local manager in accordance with yearly interview targets
- Maintaining relevant clinical case notes in accordance with Community Services policies and procedures
- To organise and facilitate the delivery of psycho-educational and therapeutic groups for clients.
- To undertake thorough assessments of the risk factors for clients and other persons with particular regard to family violence and child protection.
- To maintain a good knowledge of other relevant services and make client referrals as appropriate.
- Develop (where appropriate) and participate in client outcomes activities
Essential qualifications, experience and competencies:
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant human services (e.g. Psychology, Counselling, Social Work) or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Clinical membership of relevant professional body (e.g. PACFA - Psychotherapy, Counsellors Association of Australia, ACA or AASW)
- Experience and training in child focused counselling and experience in trauma-informed practice
- Demonstrated experience & skills in counselling and group work
- Experience in providing counselling in an agency setting
- Demonstrated experience & skills in individual and group settings with those experiencing and/or perpetrating Domestic Violence (leading DV programs or groups)
- Demonstrated experience relating to diverse groups, e.g. Government departments & other agencies
- Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of BaptistCare’s Christian identity and promote the organisation’s values through interactions at work
- Able to identify and develop cooperative and effective relationships with key decision makers/personnel to achieve multi-team or functional goals
- Ability to apply technical knowledge and skills professionally and operate within accepted practices, styles & legal/ethical standards
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice outcomes in counselling & group work
- Current NSW Driver’s license and valid WWCC for paid employment purposes
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click apply and attach your CV and a Cover Letter. Apply now!