We are currently recruiting multiple positions across different sites namely; Penrith, Bankstown & Campbelltown.
Hiring Counsellors / Group Workers / Facilitators for our Practitioner position to provide specialist family violence services to support the individual need of perpetrators, victims and their children.
These are 2-year fixed-term part-time contracts with the possibility of a 2-year extension with an immediate start!
Great professional opportunity within a forward thinking community service agency. BaptistCare is a leader in working with the marginalised in our society. Our Counselling and Family Services team is in the process of developing further within the community services space, with a new strategic direction of service delivery integration.
- Multiple part-time opportunities working across Southwest Sydney, Campbelltown/Bankstown and Penrith sites
- Fantastic learning opportunities – staff professional development
- Professional clinical supervision
- Genuine flexible and friendly work place, with opportunity for hybrid work approach
- Training, education and support
- As a registered not for profit organisation you may be eligible for generous tax-free salary packaging benefits
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Employee Assistance Program - Independent confidential counselling service
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
About the opportunity:
This position will provide specialist family violence services to support the individual need of perpetrators, victims and their children. The practitioner will be responsible for intake and clinical assessments, co-facilitation of the weekly Men’s Behaviour Change Program (MBCP), the maintenance of clinical notes, records and reports for NSW Practice Standards within the MBCP guidelines, and liaising with key stakeholders for transparency and integrated service delivery.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (social work, psychology, counselling or related discipline)
- Membership to relevant association (eg; ACA, PACFA, AASW etc)
- The ability to undertake the duties of the role in accordance with BaptistCare’s Mission, Vision and Values and its Code of Ethics
- Demonstrated experience and skills in individual and group settings with those experiencing and/or perpetrating Domestic Violence (leading DV programs or groups) is preferred AOD or other group facilitation will be considered
- Relevant skills and experience to perform intake, assessment and provide appropriate interventions and referrals
- The ability to work independently, a willingness and capacity to take initiative and to manage a high-volume counselling or caseload
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, an ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Ability to engage and maintain relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally for an integrated service delivery
- Current NSW police check and working with children check or willingness to obtain
- Availability to commence role at the beginning of July 2022
- Current NSW Driver Licence and own reliable transport to travel across multiple sites
- Graduate Certificate in Men’s Behaviour Change
- Experience in group delivery of MBCP
- Training and experience working with men and women in a DFV context
- Understanding of NSW Practice Standards for Men’s Behaviour Change Programs
- Mental Health First Aid
- Looking for both male and female practitioners
Successful applicants are subject to online background checks (Police Check and Working with Children verification check).