- Flexible and Sociable working hours - generally between 6am and 7pm with rotational weekends off
- Salary Packaging (up to $18,550 tax-free) to all eligible employees
- Work within a values-based organisation
Aurum Catering provides quality services to residential care facilities throughout Western Australia. We pride ourselves on exceeding customer expectations by consistently improving the standard of food and beverages that we offer.
Our focus is not limited to our clients, but also your well-being and career growth. We aim to support you to achieve a fulfilling career with first-class training and development opportunities.
We are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace where everyone is valued. The more diversity we have, the more unique perspectives and creative ideas we share. Therefore, we embrace people of different age, religion, sexual orientation or identity, physical or mental ability and ethnicity.
Why join us?
- First-class training and development opportunities
- Discounts on health insurance through HBF or Medibank
- Discounts on banking products through Bankwest
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discounts at JB HI-FI & The Good Guys
- Accommodation discounts at Seashells Hospitality Group
- Access to our Wellness Program
- Training and Development throughout your career
- Values-based organisation
- Chance to give back! Provide care to older Western Australians
About your new role:
The purpose of the Kitchen Hand is to provide friendly, attentive, and efficient service and products to our valued customers.
The Kitchen Hand is responsible for assisting in the delivery of high-quality products whilst adhering to the policies and procedures of Aurum.
Roster (Please note that this roster is not negotiable):
The successful applicant for this position will cover a mix of morning and afternoon shifts between 6am and 7pm.
- Deliver consistent high-quality customer service to both internal and external customers to the prescribed service standards.
- Prepare food and beverage products to the prescribed standard operating procedures/ duty statement.
- Complete cleaning tasks as prescribed by the standard operating procedures/ duty statement or as directed by the Chef on duty.
- Advise Chef on duty of any catering-related issues and needs where required.
- Complete any operational cleaning requirements as required or directed by the Chef on duty.
- Attend team meetings as required.
Skills and Experience:
- The ability to work in alignment to our Values of Togetherness, Respect, Accountability, Caring and Respect.
- The ability to work autonomously or as part of a high-performing team.
- A passion for delivering great service and a fantastic eye for detail
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Be available to work on a rotating roster
- A good understanding of HACCP/food safety programs
- Cert III qualification in Cookery or Hospitality – Advantageous but not essential
- Capacity to lift up to 20kg.
- Ability to pass a National Police Check
- Willingness to obtain or provide proof of Influenza & Covid-19 Vaccination
- Willingness to undergo a pre-employment medical
Previous experience working in customer service, hospitality, or within a commercial kitchen is highly desirable but not essential.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Click Apply Now and follow the prompts.
For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact Todd Cheavins at 0466 793 392
Or at: email@example.com using the subject line: Kitchen Hand - Rockingham enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Please note that we do not accept applications to this email address, they must be submitted online.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.