At The Bill Crews Charitable Trust, we aim to make a genuine difference in the lives of children and their families. As part of expanding the services offered by the Bill Crews Trust, we are seeking an experienced Play Therapist who is looking to make a positive difference to children’s lives in an early childhood environment in the inner west of Sydney. This position has the potential to expand to work with children in primary and secondary school settings, and their families (funding dependent).
Specifically, this role involves:
- Provision of Play Therapy interventions with identified children within the context of an early childhood centre in the inner west of Sydney
- Working with early childhood educators within the context of a childcare centre for children 3-5 years to achieve excellent outcomes for children
- Providing professional development and educational resources to educators in the Summer Hill Children’s Centre
- Providing education and support to families within a childcare centre context who seek education and support
- Supporting parents to create safe spaces for children encountering issues that are impacting on their development
- Liaising with external providers of support to children and working collaboratively with other likeminded professionals
- Documenting play therapy interventions
The successful applicant will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in education or health related discipline and
- Master of Play Therapy
- Registration with Australasia Pacific Play Therapy Association (APPTA) or eligible to register
- Minimum 2 years working with children and families
- Experience in provision of culturally safe service for Aboriginal and/ or Torres Strait Islander children and families
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Experience maintaining electronic case management files
- Current insurances (Professional Indemnity, Public Liability and Workers Compensation)
- Valid Working with Children Check number (WWCC)
- National Police Check certificate
- First aid qualification certificate (desirable)
- COVID 19 safe practice vaccination
Personal qualities and attributes:
- Demonstrated therapeutic qualities consistent with provision of play therapy with early childhood clients and their families
- Demonstrated experience in working within a team environment
- Ability to provide support to educators and parents
- Ability to work flexibly and establish a therapeutic space in a multi-use environment
- Understanding of the challenges of providing play therapy within an early childhood centre environment
- Training/supervision will be provided (1 hour per month supervision, and training opportunities up to 20 hours per annum)
- Rewarding opportunity to enhance the lives of children through education.
For more information about The Bill Crews Charitable Trust and Rev. Bill Crews Foundation visit our website at www.billcrews.org
A position description is attached.
Only people with the right to work in this country may apply for this position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No recruitment agencies.