- Generous salary packaging benefits (Up to $15,900 plus other benefits)
- 17.5% Annual leave loading
- Fixed term (6 months with possibility of extension), full time
- A fun, supportive, and hardworking environment where we really do value our people
- Discounted rate for CRCS Early Education and Care Services
About the role
Are you an experienced Aged Care- business development professional with the initiative and motivation to engage with a range of stakeholders?
You will have an ability to plan and implement promotional initiatives, a strong understanding of Aged Care sector and an innate ability to establish and build relationships.
Reporting to the Program Manager, you will lead the planning, development, delivery, evaluation and continuous improvement of Programs. This position is also responsible for engaging with the ACT community to identify new and existing areas of need, creative connection opportunities, initiatives that promote CRCS and working with community members to promote, support and grow this initiative and other CRCS services and supports.
Ideally, you would have a professional background or interest in Aged Care. An extensive business development experience and depth of knowledge and networks within the aged care sector will be invaluable to your role.
You will be responsible for leading relationship development within our existing servicing footprint and expansion into new areas.
Your responsibilities include:
- Proactive development of relationships within aged care
- Maintain a customer relationship system to ensure information on client and referral partner needs is available to support collaboration, optimal quality and communication
- Developing network in the community to foster customer engagement and inquiries
- Work across multiple platforms to engage with potential clients and referral organisations.
- Build and maintain a viable and stable client base with referral agencies.
- Promoting CRCS to Hospitals, Rehabilitation Centres, and other services providers to engage clients with our services.
- Undertake relationship-building activities with regular/prospective clients to establish business agreements and convert leads into prospects
- Consulting with cold and warm leads to provide advice and solutions to clients and help them understand the process.
- Market CRCS services to other organisations including but not limited to group activities, day trips etc
To be successful in this position you will have the following:
- Genuine empathy and desire to improve the quality of life of people with a disability and the elderly
- Have a passion for driving organisational growth, funding, and intake.
- Proven track record in business development, account management and sales
- Strong relationship building skills and customer service skills
- Driven, focused and have strong communication skills
- Ability to draft and deliver presentations
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to conceive and drive initiatives from idea to reality.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and influencing skills, with an ability to engage with a variety of audiences.
Special Position Requirements
- CRCS requires all workers to maintain full COVID-19 vaccination currency and provide evidence of their vaccinations to CRCS (sensitive information is kept private and in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles) unless they are able to provide suitable evidence of a medical contraindication that prevents them from receiving this vaccine.
- Demonstrated commitment to continual learning and professional development.
- Current driver license and use of a roadworthy, registered, comprehensively insured vehicle
- Diploma in related field/or extensive experience in conjunction with a Certificate IV in Aged Care.
- Current ACT Working with Vulnerable People Card (or eligibility to obtain).
About the Company
Capital Region Community Services (CRCS) provides a wide range of high quality, integrated and inclusive programs and services to individuals, families, children and young people in the Belconnen and wider Capital Region. CRCS works with community members, local organisations and businesses to develop responsive programs, services and activities that support self-determination and reduce social isolation. Strong relationships with government and other community services enhance CRCS’s capacity to achieve our vision of an inclusive, connected community.
How to Apply
Click Apply Now. It will take you to our career page on our website where you can submit your application.
Do you have questions about this role?
If so, please contact Masia Ermacora at email@example.com, using the subject line: Business Development Coordinator - Aged Care enquiry via EthicalJobs. Applications emailed to this email address will not be accepted.