- Flexible Working Arrangement
- 17.5% Annual leave loading
- Permanent, Part time (60 hrs per fortnight) / Full time
- Generous salary packaging benefits - up to $15,900 plus other benefits increasing your take home pay
- A fun, supportive, and hardworking environment where we really do value our people
- Discount rate on CRCS Early Education & Care Service
About the role
We are an innovative, family oriented, experienced organisation looking to welcome an experienced, enthusiastic, and empathetic Support Coordinator to deliver person centred support to help people with disability and/or mental illness make the most of their NDIS plans and achieve their life goals.
The role involves liaising with participants and service providers to coordinate supports and ensure services are provided in accordance with the participants assessed needs and within the quality and safeguarding standards of the NDIS.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Undertake person centred practice approach for participants
- Develop individual connections and referrals to appropriate services
- Regularly monitor service provision and changing needs of participants and adjust supports as required
- Provide information to participants and advocate on their behalf as required
- Oversee the ongoing creation and maintenance of accurate client records and statistics
- Undertake immediate timekeeping and case notes for each participant interaction
- Ensure that participant billing records are up to date at all times and that the billing targets set for you are met in the required timeframe
Ideally you will have
- Possess the personal attributes of optimism, resilience and flexibility
- Demonstrated experience working with people with a disability
- Sound understanding of NDIS/NDIA and associated recent sector reforms
- Understanding of Support Coordination within the NDIS environment
- Strong written and oral communication and negotiating skills
- Sound conflict/problem solving skills
- High-level organisational skills, demonstrated computer literacy and strong administrative and record keeping skills
- Demonstrated understanding of person centred practice
- Attention to detail and ability to keep accurate and up to date records and case notes
The successful applicant will hold
- A Certificate IV in Community Services (or a related discipline and/or relevant experience and knowledge)
- A current Driver's License with access to a road worthy, registered and comprehensively insured vehicle
- A Working with Vulnerable People registration
- NDIS Workers Screening Check
About the Company
Capital Region Community Services(CRCS) provides a wide range of high quality, integrated and inclusive programs and services to individuals, families, children and young people in the Belconnen and wider Capital Region. CRCS works with community members, local organisations and businesses to develop responsive programs, services and activities that support self determination and reduce social isolation. Strong relationships with government and other community services enhance CRCS’s capacity to achieve our vision of an inclusive, connected community.
Special Position Requirement
- CRCS requires all workers to maintain full COVID-19 vaccination currency and provide evidence of their vaccinations to CRCS (sensitive information is kept private and in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles) unless they are able to provide suitable evidence of a medical contraindication that prevents them from receiving this vaccine
- Demonstrated commitment to continual learning and professional development
Do you have questions about this role?
For more information on this exciting position, or to request a position description, please contact: Rachel Martin via email: email@example.com using the subject line: NDIS Support Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs or on 0428 400 187.
How to applY
Click Apply Now to be taken to our career page where you can submit your application.
Applications that are not submitted through CRCS website will not be accepted.