Bendigo and District Aboriginal Co-operative provides a range of health, wellbeing and family and community services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community members on Dja Dja Wurrung Country.
BDAC has implemented the first stage of a cloud-first ICT strategy. We are about to embark on the second stage and are expanding this to an ICT provision that enables place-paced programming and work-anywhere, work-any-way. Overlapping this is consolidation and integration of systems, document management systems, databases, and inter-dependencies between all of these.
The ICT Administrator will be an ICT technical expert and is responsible for ensuring BDAC's ICT infrastructure supports the current and future needs of the organisation.
This role will be responsible for managing all aspects of BDAC’s ICT service and resources and will manage relationships with external contractors, which currently include an outsourced provider of IT helpdesk and technology services.
What we are offering
- Competitive salary (commensurate with skills and qualifications)
- Full Time or Part time available (Mon-Fri)
- Ongoing Contract
- Access to Salary Packaging
- 10.0% Superannuation
Some Key Responsibilities
Ensure a responsive, functional, and effective ICT service by:
- Leading projects to introduce, improve or otherwise advance ICT services to the organisation and staff groups
- Collaborate with stakeholder groups effectively
- Leading the identification and development of future organisational ICT requirements
- Developing and advising on data security, fraud prevention, privacy, and other information management security requirements
- Ensuring continuity of ICT services in conjunction with key external suppliers
- Managing all ICT suppliers effectively
- Ensuring the effective management and control of ICT assets
- Leading the identification and delivery of the ICT needs of any new facilities or programs. Manage the implementation of these services
- Ensuring the effective provisioning and deprovisioning of equipment including maintaining the active directory
- Designing and delivering an ICT VIP service to Executive team and Board
- Ensure currency of ICT asset register; coordinate regular asset stock-takes
- Develop a long-term asset forecast consistent with organisational strategic plan and ICT strategy
- Develop and implement rigorous asset acquisition and disposal processes
- Develop, maintain, and manage all contracts and supplier relationships
Key Selection Criteria
- Extensive experience managing ICT within a medium-size not-for-profit setting
- Experienced in leading a team and managing significant suppliers
- Experience developing long-term organisational-wide ICT strategies and implementing them successfully
- Experience in ICT project management
- Understanding of relevant legislation, policies and practices related to data governance, security, and privacy
- Excellent interpersonal skills; understands and manages the needs and expectations of stakeholders, staff and clients
- Demonstrated ability to work in a proactively diverse and inclusive organisation
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture and Aboriginal community needs
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in ICT or related field
- A minimum of three years’ experience working in ICT administration or management, or a related field
- Experience of Aboriginal culture
If this role sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, then please click Apply Now!
For more information about this position please see the Position Description.
For enquiries please contact our human resources team on (03) 5442 4947, or send an email through to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: ICT Administrator - North Bendigo enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Should an applicant be the preferred candidate, background checks (Police check, reference check and Working with Children's Check) will be completed prior to the candidate’s employment being confirmed.
You must also be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work at BDAC.