- Become a part of a team that is devoted to making the world a healthier place
- The purpose of this position is to provide education resource development capability to the Black Dog Institute Service Implementation Directorate.
- Full-time (35 hours) - Contract (12 months)
- Location - Randwick Campus
- Flexible work options available
About the Institute:
The Black Dog Institute is a Medical Research Institute and a global leader in translational mental health research. We harness the latest technology and other tools to quickly turn our world-class research findings into clinical services, education and e-health products that improve the lives of people with mental illness and the wider community.
We pride ourselves on translating our own world leading Workplace Mental Health research into an award-winning culture that encompasses a holistic view of wellbeing. We aim to create a positive, mentally healthy workplace that recognises the importance of meaningful work, balanced lifestyles, psychological well-being and continual learning whilst being guided by our core values - Collaboration, Compassion, Excellence, Innovation and Respect. We offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Salary packaging
- Commitment to Learning and Development
- Flexible working hours and work-life balance
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly office
- Social and team events
About the Role:
The purpose of this position is to provide education resource development capability to the Black Dog Institute Service Implementation Directorate. Supporting the Learning and Development Manager, the role plays an integral part in the development and customisation of workplace training materials to meet the specific needs of corporate clients as well as the customisation and development of face to face and online training resources for health professionals, community and workplace audiences.
- Provide excellent customer service to external and internal clients at all levels of business.
- Consult with internal and external stakeholders to analyses and identify learning needs to customise existing training materials to clients’ business context.
- Work with subject matter experts to scope, design and develop new and engaging instructor led content and storyboards for web-based training that apply adult learning principles and reflect appreciation of diverse audiences and delivery settings.
- Provide advice on educational concepts, delivery modalities, and instructional design as required to projects/research containing educational components.
- Modify and maintain existing workplace, health professional and community training materials and support resources in consultation with Subject Matter Experts and Engagement team members in line with the Black Dog Institute standard.
- Continuously identify opportunities to progress the service offering and to maintain high quality standard learning resources e.g. maintain master content database for all learning content, identifying and detailing key learning points.
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Tertiary qualification in adult education, Certificate IV in Training & Assessment or similar qualifications/experience.
- Demonstrated experience as a content creator with evidence of applied best practice adult learning methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative and cost-effective learning solutions suited to diverse audience groups.
- Ability to work autonomously and drive process with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines on multiple projects, with the ability to be proactive and use initiative.
- Good visual design skills and experience developing storyboards.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service to external and internal clients.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- A knowledge of EEO principles and WH&S responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant WH&S training
- Experience in the Not For Profit sector
- Project management experience
- Experience with e-Learning authoring tools, such as Adobe Captivate
Please apply with your resume and cover letter addressing selection criteria outlined in the position description. Candidates who apply via email will not be considered.
Advertisements are subject to closing earlier than specified, if a suitable candidate is appointed.
The Black Dog Institute is an EEO Employer.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and encouraged to apply.