- Based in Pyrmont (2009) - Just a few minutes' walk to several transit options
- Positively impact people's lives by driving community development and engagement
- Part-time 3 days per week, flexible work arrangements
About the Organisation
City West Housing is a leader in developing, building, and managing affordable housing for rent in the City of Sydney local government area. Their purpose is to build stronger communities and improve people’s lives by providing affordable housing.
About the role
Reporting into the Head of Community and External Engagement, a large part of the role will be collaborating across the team, relationship management and promoting engagement with residents.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Oversee the implementation of the Build Your Neighborhood (BYN) deliverables - from initial assessment of Expressions of Interest, participating in workshops/invitations for final submission, to final scoring, coordinating internal staff Risk-Assessment Committee and submission of final recommended submissions
- Monitor and record all BYN resident engagement activities with the objective to increase participation
- Coordinate resident engagement activities, initiatives, and events, that enhance resident engagement, encourage feedback, and maximise resident participation.
- Provide statistical data to monitor and evaluate the success of each project/program
- Communicate appropriately at all levels at CWH, and develop new and existing key stakeholder relationships
- Explore funding opportunities to support resident activities, and manage the budgets and reporting requirements
It is important to note that some out of hours work will be required during peak times of activity for weekend/evening events or tight deadlines and will be negotiated in advance - where applicable approved overtime or flexible time will apply.
The ideal candidate:
Is passionate about working with residents and the wider community and empowering the lives of others whilst being able to handle complex or challenging situations calmly and rationally.
- Previous experience in Community Development is a must have, as well as a familiarity with the City of Sydney LGA and surrounds
- Excellent interpersonal skills, reliable, confidential and team oriented
- Strong relationship building, networking and stakeholder management experience
- Previous experience working with stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds including CALD and ATSI
- Awareness of social issues and obligations (child protection, mental health, family violence, Aboriginal cultural competency, and disability)
- A current Working with Children Check, a current National Police check and a Current Class C driver’s license (or be willing to obtain)
- Intermediate skills in MS Office Suite
How to Apply
If this sounds like something that you would be interested in, please click 'apply'
If you have any further questions, please contact Annabelle Stuart at email@example.com or Lauren Bevan at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Community Development Officer - City West Housing enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role on behalf of City West Housing, therefore all queries must be directed to Annabelle Stuart or Lauren Bevan at Beaumont People.
City West Housing is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds.