The Organisation and Role
Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras won the rights to host WorldPride in Sydney in 2023. Sydney WorldPride (SWP) will take place over two weeks in February 2023 and will be the first WorldPride in the Asia Pacific. SWP will provide new opportunities to engage more broadly with LGBTQIA+ community groups, bringing new ways of engaging, sharing and working with audience and participants.
This exciting role will lead the Marketing and Digital team. Reporting to the COO, this role is responsible for the strategic development, management and delivery of the integrated marketing strategy. This role has two direct reports: the Head of Marketing and Head of Digital.
- Lead all marketing planning and execution for campaigns, supported by a comprehensive and unified messaging strategy to promote the event and advance/protect the organisation’s reputation
- Proactively seek media coverage and PR opportunities for SWP
- Integrate and align local and international marketing campaigns
- Work with Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras to ensure marketing campaigns/assets are aligned; oversee the SWP footprint at SGLMG 2022 season
- Working closely with the Partnerships team to ensure marketing campaigns and strategy aligns with our event sponsors and partners
- Oversee digital marketing platforms and assets including stakeholder management with partner, Deloitte
- Ensure marketing solutions are driven by data analytics and reporting
- Work side-by-side with Communications & Engagement team to develop SWP messaging and announcements (timeline of announcements re: partnerships, launches, countdowns etc)
Skills and Attributes
- Extensive knowledge of the issues and challenges that face the LGBTQIA+ community is essential
- Deep understanding of the historical, current and future of the Pride movement
- 8+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Exceptional relationship and executive stakeholder engagement experience
- Experience in large scale event management and the planning of event projects desirable
- Experience working with different culture communities and backgrounds
- Understanding and demonstrated experience of event partnerships and revenue generation
- Advanced planning & project management skills
- High level of business acumen and strategic planning skills
Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis. email@example.com using the subject line: Director of Marketing and Digital - Sydney WorldPride enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Beaumont Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role. Beaumont NFP is a non-profit service specialising in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit sector on a Not for Profit basis.