- Brand new role as a result of organisational growth. Real opportunity to make it your own!
- Innovative Foundation raising funds for hospitals and medical research
- Based in St Leonards with work and home flexibility
About the Organisation:
The NORTH Foundation is the registered charity for the Northern Sydney Local Health District (NSLHD) and serves as the fundraising partner for Royal North Shore, Ryde and Hornsby Ku-ring-gai hospitals and the Kolling Institute of Medical Research. It’s mission is to improve community well-being by supporting innovative health research and the delivery of exceptional patient care.
Reporting to the CEO, the Operations Manager will oversee for the Foundation’s Administration, Finance, Information Services and Human Resources; providing analysis and strategic guidance to the planning, design, and execution of the Foundation’s activities.
The Operations Manager supports the CEO to meet the Foundation’s legislative, financial, contractual, and operational obligations. The successful candidate will work with a high level of independence, under broad direction and is required to manage complexity, resolve issues and to deliver quality outcomes in alignment with their strategy.
- Support the CEO to meet the Foundation’s legislative, financial, contractual, and operational obligations
- Coordinate regular reviews and updates of the Foundation’s policies and procedures and monitor compliance on an ongoing basis
- Provide analysis and strategic guidance to the planning, design, and execution of the Foundation’s activities
- Liaise with the external bookkeeper and auditor, external advisors, service providers, consultants, or contractors as relevant to the role
- Attend NSLHD meetings and present information or provide advice and reports as appropriate, and implement allocated actions arising
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Managing the Foundation’s Funding Model
- Prepare financial and management reports as required
- Develop draft annual budgets and provide reports in collaboration with the CEO and the Audit, Risk and Finance Committee
- Manage finance and administrative staff and provide necessary training
Essential Criteria and Success factors of the role
- Experience working in a not-for-profit or philanthropic organisation
- Tertiary qualifications in business, management, finance, or other related fields
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills, including the ability to plan and prioritise work to meet deadlines, and to work calmly under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- High level of professional information technology skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and customer service skills as well as diplomacy and cultural awareness to liaise in a complex work environment
- An understanding of the legal and regulatory environment for not-for-profit organisations
- Financial literacy and skills in budget management.
How to Apply
If this sounds like something that you would be interested in, please apply directly to the advertisement with your tailored cover letter and full resume. There is no closing date for this role, all applications will be reviewed as they are received, and successful applicants will be contacted.
REFERRAL INCENTIVE – If you know someone perfect for this position, please refer them to us for a $300 voucher or a donation to your favourite charity! https://www.beaumontpeople.com.au/jobseekers/refer-a-friend-program
Beaumont People have been retained to recruit this position, if you have any questions please direct them to email@example.com, using the subject line: Operations Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs.