Newly created role leading the development, implementation, and evaluation of 2 key programs for this NFP organisation whose primary focus is to ensure the voices of people living with mental health issues are heard.
- Newly created roles as part of a growing NFP
- Drive change for people in recovery of living with mental health issues
- Central CBD location with flexible working conditions
About the Opportunity
As Program Manager, you will work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure a consistent approach in line with the organisation's Vision and Values, and the requirements of funding bodies.
As an advocacy and human rights-focused organisation, a fundamental component of the Program Manager's role will be to ensure programs are developed and delivered in ways that increase participation and engagement of people with mental health issues, aligning to social justice and human rights principles.
You will also be responsible for:
- Manage the daily operations of the programs including program budgets and finances, and risk mitigation strategy. Ensure service design and delivery is in line with the vision and strategic goals.
- Build and maintain effective communications and relationships with key stakeholders including government, peer workers, community-managed organisations, public services, and private organisation.
- Lead community events, forums, consultations, support groups as part of the program portfolio. Ensuring community engagements and events are in line with recovery-oriented and trauma-informed practices.
- Work closely with the CEO and General Manager Operations to diversify services offerings, including assisting in writing grant applications and negotiating funding contracts.
A bit about you
To have success in the role you will be passionate about working with and making an impact on people living with mental illness. You will also have;
- Thorough understanding of the principles and values of Recovery Oriented and Trauma informed practices.
- Previous experience in leading and managing a team in the NFP
- Program management experience including planning, delivery, evaluation, and reporting accountabilities.
- Experience working with budgets and financials in line with funding agreements.
- Previous experience of working with funding bodies, and meeting KPI reporting and compliance.
- Knowledge and understanding of the state and federal mental health landscape.
- Highly developed written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
Benefits to you
- Join an engaging and passionate growing organisation
- Excellent opportunity for professional career development
- $90,000 – $96,000 + superannuation.
If you are looking for a diverse role where you can make a real difference, this may just be the role for you. Apply today and submit your resume and a short cover letter expressing your interest in this role.
For more information, please get in touch with Christopher Kehagias on 0481 820 558 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Program Manager: Mental Health enquiry via EthicalJobs.
This role is advertised without a closing date, all applications will be reviewed as they are received so please send your application through A.S.A.P.