- Leading well known, national health charity
- Lead the strategic Trust and Foundations approach
- Cultivate and develop relationships with philanthropic funders
About the Role
The Trust and Foundations Manager will take ownership for managing a relatively newly established Trusts and Foundations income stream and delivering income growth, as part of a wider Philanthropy and Fundraising Team.
The position has responsibility for researching, developing and writing, submitting and acquitting proposals for funding to secure and grow income from philanthropic trusts, foundations and other grant-making entities, across community and corporate foundations. The position will also manage and develop a comprehensive data base of grant makers and grant calendars.
- Manage the strategic approach for the Trust and Foundation income stream
- Research to identify and prioritise suitable funding sources and opportunities
- Work with internal stakeholders across the organisation to source and coordinate information, and align submissions with strategic and ethical objectives
- Build strong relationships and develop proposals to initiate funding opportunities for grant-making entities
- Write and submit high quality, compelling applications including complex medical research information
- Maintain and develop processes and procedures on grants submissions and communications
- Upkeep of the calendar of grant-making bodies, submission deadlines, reporting and acknowledgement requirements, etc.
- Design and write impact reports and acquittals
- Assist the Head of Philanthropy and senior leaders in front-facing relationship building as required
Skills and experience
- Experience in researching, creating and submitting compelling grant submissions to charitable trusts/foundations
- Ability to write successful proposals for high value grants in excess of $50,000
- Proven experience and ability to build relationships with potential funders
- Excellent written communication skills with ability to translate scientific language for lay audiences
- Outstanding verbal and presentation skills to confidently deal with senior decision makers
- Very strong attention to detail and the ability to deliver quality, complex work to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to achieve financial targets
- Strong interpersonal skills to co-ordinate multiple stakeholders
- Sound knowledge of current philanthropic funding models
Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role, therefore please direct all general enquiries to Rosheen Singh at Beaumont People on firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Trusts and Foundations Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Applicants can apply via the APPLY NOW button below.