Beyond Blue’s vision is for all people in Australia to achieve their best possible mental health.
Our mission is to work with the community to improve mental health and prevent suicide.
We aim to achieve this by:
- Promoting mental health and wellbeing.
- Being a trusted source of information, advice and support.
- Working together to prevent suicide.
Beyond Blues values are Collaboration, Respect, Enthusiasm, Excellence, Innovation and Integrity.
Beyond Blue delivers the national mental health in education initiative Be You, which supports the creation of mentally healthy learning communities.
The Be You Project Manager is a role within the new Be You Content Team. This team drives the development and continuous improvement of all Be You content and resources – made available to schools and early learning services via the Be You website, professional development modules and online events (e.g. webinars) and via Be You’s delivery partners, Early Childhood Australia (ECA) and headspace.
Reporting to the Be You Content Lead and collaborating with team peers, this role also work closely with the broader Be You team, in particularly the Digital Marketing, Service, Education Performance and Evaluation and the Education Engagement Teams as well as the Contract Business Partner and Beyond Blue’s Centre of Excellence.
Project Management and Reporting
- Lead and manage the development and implementation of activities to support the delivery of the Be You Content activity plan. Ensure delivery is to agreed timeframes and budget. Report on progress as requested by the Content Lead
- Embed new processes, systems and ways of working within the Be You Content team to support the new workflow framework
- Support the Content Lead with the development of an overarching integrated, evidence driven content strategy to meet the needs of educators and deliver on Be You’s strategic objectives
- Ensure all intended activity has clear project plans and that project and internal/external stakeholder interdependencies are considered
- Ensure all project management activities, including any budget and contract management, is undertaken in accordance with Beyond Blue processes. Coordinate and provide logistical support for workshops, consultation forums, conferences, meetings and other events as necessary
- Participate in evaluation activities
- Provide advice and support to the leadership teams within Be You, including preparing reports, presentations, briefing notes, correspondence, facilitating meetings and providing information.
Stakeholder Management (internal and external)
- Work collaboratively with other teams across Be You and Beyond Blue as necessary to deliver projects.
- Work closely with the Brand and Marketing team within the Centre of Excellence to maintain brand integrity and consistency across Be You content Work collaboratively with all team members and other teams within Beyond Blue to achieve overall objectives
- Build strong relationships and actively participate in all meetings with stakeholders, including Taskforces, ensuring clear communication regarding expectations associated with projects and associated activities
- Ensure target audiences, people with lived experience and other stakeholders are engaged to contribute to the development of Be You content and resources
Content and Resource Development
Ensure all new and revised content and resources are:
- Produced to a high standard
- Evidence-based and respond to research and evaluation insights and stakeholder feedback (including clinical advice)
- Provided in a format that responds to educator needs
- Combined with educator best practise and knowledge, meeting compliance to professional standards as necessary
- Presented in an engaging and easy to navigate manner
- Responsive to recommendations relating to diversity and inclusion (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander learning community needs).
- Seek opportunities for input, consultation and codesign with our communities where appropriate to inform our work
- Work closely with Be You stakeholders to ensure content is community-centric and tailored according to relevant segments, journeys, and community insights
- In collaboration with other teams and units, use human-centred design principles where appropriate in the design of content, activities and initiatives.
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of five years demonstrable relevant experience working in a program/project management role, including developing content and delivering excellent customer service
- Experience leading and managing teams
- Significant experience in effectively building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to oversee multiple projects concurrently, effectively manage interdependencies and ensure quality outcomes on time and on budget
- Demonstrated experience overseeing contracts and procurement processes and effectively managing suppliers and sub-contractors
- Demonstrated experience in translating or gaining advice from subject matter experts particularly in relation to public health or mental health promotion concepts for broad audiences and for educators
- Ability to be flexible and to look beyond existing structures, ways of working, boundaries and organisations to produce more effective and innovative service delivery and partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to prepare a variety of types of documents including project plans, budgets, briefing notes, project summaries and reports with a high level of attention to detail and the ability to conceptually analyse information
- Champions and lives the Beyond Blue values every day; demonstrates professionalism, ethical practices and personal insight
- Project management qualifications
- Experience working on mental health promotion initiatives
- Experience in the Education sector
- Experience in program evaluation.
Beyond Blue is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. We strongly encourage people from all cultural backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Applicants are welcome to access the Beyond Blue Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan 2020-2022.
Preferred candidates will be required to undertake pre-employment screening, including a National Police Check and where required a Working With Children Check.
NOTE:Short-listing of candidates will commence prior to the closure of this role, so please do not delay submitting your application.