Beyond Blue’s vision is for all people in Australia to achieve their best possible mental health.
Our mission is to work with the community to improve mental health and prevent suicide.
We aim to achieve this by:
- Promoting mental health and wellbeing.
- Being a trusted source of information, advice and support.
- Working together to prevent suicide.
The Project Manager will lead and manage the end-to-end delivery of Projects across the business. They will manage delivery of initiatives from business requirements definition and solution selection, through to build, implementation and handing over to business as usual operations. The overarching purpose of this position will be leading a cross functional team to successfully deliver Projects which are fit for purpose, on time, on budget and of the highest quality standard.
- Manage the delivery of a technology initiatives across a broad range of business process and technology domains
- Leading solution design teams, project planning, scheduling and task management, risk and issue management, stakeholder management, resource co-ordination, status and financial reporting to stakeholders at all levels and vendor management against contracts
- Gathering and preparing of people, process and technology requirements
- Preparing general and project procurement contracting documentation – i.e. SOW,RFP, schedules, status updates, project registers, data management plans, etc
- Ensure ongoing effective development, monitoring and evaluation of projects, including preparing and managing post implementation reviews and an implementation plan for next stage of the project where relevant
- Always conduct the project according to Beyond Blue’s mission, vision and values
- Undertake appropriate procurement of suppliers, equipment, services and resources in line with all relevant organisational policies
- Engage with relevant business owners and subject matter experts to ensure accurate delivery of project accountabilities, in line with the project objectives
- Ensure organisational interdependencies are well planned for, communicated and managed to enable effective delivery of priorities
- Manage project to deliver against the approved project deliverables, budget, plan and schedule
- Stakeholder engagement, management and facilitation so that the planned change is aligned to the project vision, and Beyond Blue’s business plan.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, IT or another related field
- Project Management Institute Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or equivalent.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in managing general business improvement project initiatives via Agile & Lean approaches, including people, process and technology implementations, with a proven track record of successful outcomes
- Proven ability to manage complex and large, technology initiatives with knowledge and skills in planning, scheduling, resource identification and coordination, task and activity monitoring, risk and issues management, budget management, status reporting to all levels of stakeholders and overall delivery against defined objectives, methods and outcomes
- Strong knowledge of and experience with project management methodologies and tools including hybrid, Waterfall, Agile and Lean approaches
- Demonstrated ability to prepare a variety of documentation types to a high standard including briefing notes, correspondence and reports with a high level of attention to detail, and the ability to conceptually analyse and synthesise information
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills including ability to proactively resolve conflict or issues. This includes internal and external stakeholder needs assessment, facilitation, meeting quality standards for services, evaluation of stakeholder satisfaction, and the ability to build and maintain working relationships
- Demonstrated experiences coordinating contracts, projects and/or partnerships with external parties
- Must be highly organised and capable of organising activities, managing competing priorities, managing to a budget and remaining calm under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal skills with experience writing reports for Board and Audit Committees.
- Experience in a similar industry sector – i.e. NFP, public sector, etc
- Prior experience with MS Dynamics, business analysis and change management
- Strong understanding of technology concepts and applications within a business context
- Experience with problem solving methodologies
- Experience acting as the product owner for business solutions
- The position reports to the Business Improvement Program Delivery Manager as their organisational line manager for project and other task assignments and manages project resources as required
- The Business Solutions Group includes Commercial, Finance and Risk, People and Culture, Information Technology/Business Improvement, and Company Secretariat.
- Business Improvement Program Delivery Manager
- Executive Sponsors
- Product Owners
- Business Improvement Project Manager, Business Analyst and Change Manager
- IT Manager
- IT team
- Business solution owner
- Internal business representatives, specialist teams
- Executive Team/Managers/Team Leaders/Program Leaders.
Beyond Blue is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. We strongly encourage people from all cultural backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Applicants are welcome to access the Beyond Blue Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan 2020-2022 .
For detailed information about this position including the closing date, please refer to the position description on our careers page.