Beyond Blue’s vision is for all people in Australia to achieve their best possible mental health.
Our mission is to work with the community to improve mental health and prevent suicide.
We aim to achieve this by:
- Promoting mental health and wellbeing.
- Being a trusted source of information, advice and support.
- Working together to prevent suicide.
Beyond Blue’s values are Collaboration, Respect, Enthusiasm, Excellence, Innovation and Integrity.
The Insights and Innovation Centre of Excellence group (CoE) has been established to support Beyond Blue in its transformation to becoming a community-centric organisation. It is the brand custodian, building awareness of, and driving people to, Beyond Blue products and services through agile and iterative design.
The CoE includes units across Brand & Marketing, Community Experience, Product & Service Development and Business Intelligence.
Sitting within the Brand & Marketing unit is our in-house creative studio. The Studio is a team of writers, producers, designers and content specialists, responsible for creating and managing a range of digital, print and multimedia content. This content is designed to provide information, advice and support to our community, contributing to behaviour change in relation to help-seeking and assisting in the reduction of mental health stigma.
The Digital Content Manager is responsible for overseeing the development, implementation, optimisation and evaluation of online content for Beyond Blue’s current websites and apps, as well as our new digital experience platform. This includes managing online content strategies, overseeing content audits, championing modular content creation principles, developing content plans, engaging with internal stakeholders and taking a customer-first approach to content creation.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary project team to deliver a full redevelopment of Beyond Blue’s digital presence
- Oversee the scoping, creation, implementation and iteration of a digital experience content strategy
- Plan and implement a modular content creation approach reflective of personalised content best practice
- Contribute to the evaluation, procurement, UAT, implementation and tagging system of a new Content Management System (CMS)
- Work closely with the Products and Services unit to ensure content on all digital channels is reviewed, maintained and updated accordingly
- Translate data, analytics, research and insights into robust content plans and roadmaps that reflect community need
- Work collaboratively with our Lines of Business to effectively distil briefs, establish objectives and recommend content formats that align with project and organisational objectives
- Provide input into the development of key content-related digital governance polices and procedures, including accessibility, clinical governance and inclusive design.
- Act as the conduit between the Products and Services and Brand and Marketing units, ensuring effective knowledge translation and process alignment
- Work with the Studio Lead, Content Manager and Production Manager to implement new processes, systems and ways of working to support the Centre of Excellence’s new service delivery model
- Contribute to digital product innovation led by the Products and Services unit. • Partner with the Products and Services unit to marry digital UX and navigation with content ecosystems and asset production
- Build strong and effective relationships with other groups across the organisation
- Embed personalised content methodologies and practices into The Studio’s ways of working
- Proactively look inside and outside the organisation to identify content opportunities that drive strategic objectives and support behaviour change.
- Effectively engage teams across the Centre of Excellence and Beyond Blue lines of business to deliver production outputs
- Design and lead cross-functional project teams to effectively deliver production projects within agreed timeframes, budgets and resourcing
- Act as the key point of contact within the Brand & Marketing Unit for the digital experience content strategy
- Lead the delivery of current-state content optimisation
- Lead the content migration activity for Beyond Blue’s future-state digital experience redevelopment
- Build Studio capabilities in modular content creation and atomic design, including training sessions and defining opportunities for professional development
- Work with the Studio Lead, Digital Lead and Big Blue Door Product Owner to deliver the annual group work plan within agreed budgets and timeframes, to stakeholder satisfaction
- Translate Big Blue Door knowledge and learnings from across the Centre of Excellence into content planning and Business as Usual (BAU) activities
- Ensure our activities reflect the diversity of the Australian community, including groups at increased risk of anxiety, depression and suicide, and seek opportunities for input/consultation/co-design where appropriate to inform our work
- Ensure our activities are culturally safe and appropriate to meet the commitments made through the Beyond Blue Reconciliation Action Plan.
- Community Focus
- Proactively seek opportunities for input, consultation and codesign with our communities where appropriate to inform our work
- Work closely with the Customer Experience unit to fully understand Beyond Blue’s audience and segmentation, and ensure content is community-centric and tailored according to relevant segments, journeys and community insights
- In collaboration with other teams and units, use human-centred design principles in the design of all content materials, activities and initiatives.
Innovation and Creativity
- Take a best-practice approach to content analysis, creation and optimisation, leading the creation of materials, initiatives and activities that are creative, innovative and impactful
- Contribute to the development of a culture of innovation by testing, learning and optimising marketing activities, initiatives and content.
Qualifications and key selection criteria
Qualifications and technical skills
- Tertiary qualification in communications, product management or other relevant discipline
- Experience in a similar content management role, ideally within a website redesign and redeployment environment
- Experience with Google Analytics and other data and insights platforms
- Working knowledge of UX principles and their application to content production, including experience inputting into the development of personas, user journeys and information architecture.
- Highly developed content strategy and editorial skills, including experience overseeing and managing the production of a high volume of content across multiple projects, ideally within digital transformation projects
- Experience working with personalised content strategies and modular content design
- Experience creating valuable, relevant, consistent digital content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience – and, ultimately, to drive action/change
- Working knowledge of best practice digital accessibility (and experience executing content to the highest achievable standard)
- Demonstrated experience leading content audits and developing content plans.
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple concurrent projects, including the ability to set clearly defined objectives and priorities, plan and manage workload, and utilise systems to track progress
- Demonstrated experience working in, and leading, agile project teams
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and organisational skills, with the ability to work flexibly and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience in building and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders, partners and suppliers, both internally and externally
- Ability to constructively manage issues and find innovative solutions to resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to understand the needs of other groups, teams and stakeholders and provide tailored, transparent and sound advice.
Innovation and Creativity
- Proven experience producing content that is innovative and creative yet rooted in evidence and a deep understanding of the audience
- Ability to proactively seek-out improvement opportunities and make specific changes to improve performance.
- Experience using human-centred design in developing engaging content solutions.
Beyond Blue is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age.
We strongly encourage people from all cultural backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Applicants are welcome to access the Beyond Blue Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan 2020-2022 here: Reconciliation action plan
To apply, please click the 'Apply Now' button. Applications should include a current CV with a cover letter that addresses why you would consider yourself to be a cultural addition to Beyond Blue and how your skills and experience would be attributes to the position.
For detailed information about this position including the closing date, please refer to the position description.
Preferred candidates will be required to undertake pre-employment screening, including a National Police Check and where required a Working With Children Check.
NOTE: Short-listing of candidates will commence prior to the closure of this role, so please do not delay submitting your application.