Beyond Blue’s vision is for all people in Australia to achieve their best possible mental health.
Our mission is to work with the community to improve mental health and prevent suicide.
We aim to achieve this by:
- Promoting mental health and wellbeing.
- Being a trusted source of information, advice and support.
- Working together to prevent suicide.
Beyond Blues values are Collaboration, Respect, Enthusiasm, Excellence, Innovation and Integrity
The Fundraising Signature Events Adviser is an exciting new role within Beyond Blue’s Fundraising team that is responsible for assisting the planning, coordination and implementation of major fundraising events for Beyond Blue.
The role will predominantly work under two key initiatives:
- The development, creation and implementation of a new, ongoing, high-profile, national, high-value fundraising event for Beyond Blue
- And the implementation of major fundraising event partnership, currently focused on health and wellbeing, hiking and fitness.
Assist with the implementation of a new national signature fundraising event
- Work with the Strategic Marketing and Studio teams, the Strategic Communications and Media teams, and external suppliers to implement the final event concept, promotional materials communications and digital assets in readiness for launch
- Work with the Strategic Marketing and Studio teams to maintain and implement project plans including timelines, resources, logistics and key milestones
- Ensure various work groups across Beyond Blue are appropriately engaged, briefed and resourced to ensure the successful event implementation
- Implement and manage all administrative support associated with the event/campaign including record keeping, data management, and donor/fundraiser enquiry management and support
- Liaise with external event partners and agencies on deliverables, including raising purchase orders and submitting invoices for processing by Finance team
- Support and implement activations for media and PR opportunities, including liaising with event ambassadors
- Develop and implement event evaluation and reporting, measuring performance against KPI.
- Contribute to strategic plans to grow the event annually
- Ensure activities reflect the diversity of the Australian community, including groups at increased risk of depression, anxiety and suicide, and seek opportunities for engagement and co-design/consultation where appropriate to inform our work
- Ensure our work reflects the diversity of the Australian community, and our activities are culturally safe and appropriate to meet the commitments made through our Beyond Blue Reconciliation Action Plan.
Assist with deliverables of a major fundraising partnership
- Support and implement activations for media and PR opportunities, including liaising with event ambassadors.
- Contribute to strategic plans to proactively grow the event through corporate engagement in the participant and volunteer space.
- Operate within an existing, high-performing team to deliver event-day activity, including travelling to five intestate events per year to provide on-the-ground support relating to the above and to any other partnership requirements on the day.
- Undertake other duties as required, such as supporting phone and email enquiries from fundraisers and donors.
- Support both projects in areas not specified above when required.
A tertiary qualification in a related discipline (fundraising, communications, journalism, event management, project management or public relations.
- Minimum five (5) years proven experience in fundraising, event management, communications or public relations roles within the not for profit /events management (or similar) sectors
- Proven experience developing and implementing successful major events/campaigns with commercial or fundraising KPIs
- Experience managing high-profile talent and/or spokespeople as part of a campaign or event.
- Proven experience liaising with stakeholders, donors, community and/or businesses
- Experience in project planning, coordination, task and activity monitoring, and delivery against defined task objectives, methods and outcomes
- Experience implementing or working with internal teams or external agencies on digital marketing campaigns, with an understanding of multi-channelled campaigns to effectively engage target audiences
- Sound ability to write and produce impactful communications while considering audience segmentation and fundraising/commercial theory
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of principles and methods of fundraising, including the legal requirements to fundraise in all states and territories
- A solid understanding of CRM, donor management systems (Salesforce or Raisers Edge an advantage) and/or third-party fundraising platforms (i.e. Raisely, Funraisin and others) combined with proven ability to understand data segmentation and reporting
- Excellent public speaking/presentation skills with an ability to pitch ideas and engage audiences at all levels
- A qualification in project management would be highly regarded
- Proven ability to adapt to changing circumstances and to work under pressure within a virtual or hybrid workplace (e.g. some time spent on site, some time spent working from home).
Beyond Blue is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. We strongly encourage people from all cultural backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Applicants are encouraged to view the Beyond Blue Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan 2020-2022.
Applications should include a current CV with a cover letter that addresses why you would consider yourself to be a cultural addition to Beyond Blue and how your skills and experience would be attributes to the position. Click the 'Apply Now' button to be redirected to our website for a job description.
Preferred candidates will be required to undertake pre-employment screening, including a National Police Check and where required a Working With Children Check.
NOTE: Short-listing of candidates will commence prior to the closure of this role, so please do not delay submitting your application.