Beyond Blue’s vision is for all people in Australia to achieve their best possible mental health.
Our mission is to work with the community to improve mental health and prevent suicide.
We aim to achieve this by:
- Promoting mental health and wellbeing.
- Being a trusted source of information, advice and support.
- Working together to prevent suicide.
Beyond Blue’s values are Collaboration, Respect, Enthusiasm, Excellence, Innovation and Integrity.
The Insights and Innovation Centre of Excellence (CoE) has been established to support Beyond Blue in its transformation to becoming a community centric organisation. The CoE will support Beyond Blue’s lines of business achieve their strategy with frameworks and tools to incubate and accelerate best-in-class products and services for the community, through agile and iterative design and its trial, through to launch and scale.
The CoE is the brand custodian, building awareness of, and driving people to, Beyond Blue products and services and changing community and individual mindsets and behaviours regarding mental health in Australia. The CoE includes units across Brand & Marketing, Community Experience, Product and Service Development and Business Intelligence.
The Brand & Marketing unit takes a user-first, insight-driven approach to deliver and optimise engaging content and marketing initiatives that generate behaviour change, increase knowledge and engage the community in action to achieve their best possible mental health. The Marketing Automation Manager is responsible the planning, development and continuous improvement of Beyond Blue’s marketing automation activity.
about the role
The Marketing Automation Manager will lead the development and execution of marketing automation journeys, strategies and campaigns that support organisational objectives, and in collaboration with other teams, will develop appropriate email content that generates engagement and conversion.
- Manage the planning, development and delivery of all marketing automation journeys and campaign activities, taking a strategic approach to the Beyond Blue Community member’s lifecycle journey to maximise customer acquisition, retention and conversion
- In collaboration with the business areas and key stakeholders, implement and manage Beyond Blue’s marketing automation strategy, ensuring results are constantly optimised and delivering against targets
- Work with the Business Intelligence and CRM teams to provide insights to enable best practice segmentation that delivers value to Beyond Blue’s new and engaged community members
- Manage the development, testing, implementation and optimisation of marketing automation journeys and campaigns to ensure compliance with Beyond Blue’s internal processes and relevant Government legislation
- Collaborate with stakeholders and provide proactive and responsive strategic and tactical marketing automation advice, identifying and managing issues, risks and opportunities, and ensuring consistency and quality of marketing output is maintained
- In collaboration with the Business Intelligence, CRM, and IT teams, actively monitor and evaluate all marketing automation activity, proactively making recommendations, improvements and optimisation
- Collaborate with cross functional teams on system remediation activities, requirements gathering and implementation of other products to support marketing automation
- Collaborate with other groups across the organisation to devise and implement growth strategies, maximise open and click-through rates and optimise customer journeys from marketing automation journey and campaign delivery to online engagement.
- Build strong and effective relationships across the organisation and act as the key point of contact within the Brand & Marketing Unit for marketing automation strategy, support, and advice
- Work collaboratively with other groups across the organisation to design, develop, implement and evaluate marketing automation initiatives that support organisational objectives and engage the community
- Proactively look inside and outside the organisation to identify marketing opportunities and to drive, monitor and analyse behaviour change
- Work closely with the Supports & Services Group to ensure all marketing activity and content is safe, accurate and clinically sound. Manage and collaborate with cross-functional project teams to effectively deliver marketing automation journeys and campaigns, initiatives and materials within agreed timeframes, budgets and resourcing
- Create and implement appropriate project management tools and processes to manage marketing automation projects, and ensure they are understood and used by team members
- Regularly monitor projects, budgets and resourcing, reporting on progress, recognising barriers and finding effective solutions
- Manage constructive and productive relationships with external suppliers such as service providers and implementation partners to ensure delivery of activities within agreed time and budget parameters. Provide feedback to agencies to ensure high-quality output.
Teamwork and Leadership
- Lead, coach and develop a team of marketing professionals, actively developing their skills through performance reviews, coaching, professional development and performance management
- Collaborate with other teams and units within the Centre of Excellence to leverage the skills and experience available to successfully execute activities
- Assist the Marketing Technology Lead and Head of Brand & Marketing with the development of annual workplans, budgets and resourcing projections
- Develop and monitor accurate project and operational budgets. Report on progress of projects, being able to recognise barriers, and find effective solutions
- Assess and monitor risks to all email marketing activities on a monthly basis and implement new controls to mitigate risks where required.
Innovation and Creativity
- Take a best-practice approach to marketing automation and lead the creation of materials, initiatives and activities that are creative, innovative and impactful
- Contribute to the development of a culture of innovation by testing, learning and optimising marketing automation activities, initiatives and content
- Monitor and analyse new marketing automation products and trends to identify opportunities for innovation and improvement, and potential impacts on Beyond Blue’s platforms.
- Proactively seek opportunities for input, consultation and codesign with our communities where appropriate to inform our work
- Work closely with the Customer Experience unit to fully understand the Beyond Blue community’s needs, and ensure content is community-centric and tailored according to relevant segments, journeys and community insights
- In collaboration with other teams and units, use human-centred design principles in the design of all content materials, activities and initiatives.
Qualifications and key selection criteria
Qualifications and Technical Skills
- A graduate degree in marketing, commerce, business, information technology or other relevant discipline
- Significant experience in a similar role, including experience leading teams in high-volume marketing automation journeys activity.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud certification or experience.
- Intermediate to advanced skills and experience in database querying.
- Ability to synthesise complex information to develop a clear strategy, supported by evidence and with an appropriate mix of marketing automation activities
- Highly developed marketing automation skills, including extensive experience in automation strategy, audience segmentation, marketing automation journeys and campaign development and cloud-based data structures
- Experience working collaboratively to contribute marketing automation skills and expertise to cross-functional projects
- Experience developing and delivering marketing automation journey and campaign strategies and materials for a range of purposes and audiences
- Strong command of marketing and communications techniques, including creative development, A/B testing, media planning and buying, multimedia production, content marketing and campaign communications.
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple concurrent projects, including the ability to set clearly defined objectives and prioritise activities
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and organisational skills, with the ability to work flexibly and meet tight deadlines.
- Extensive experience in internal and external stakeholder management
- Experience in setting-up processes or opportunities to build and maintain strong, positive relationships with stakeholders, partners and suppliers, both internally and externally
- Ability to constructively manage issues and find innovative solutions to resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to understand the needs of other groups, teams and stakeholders and provide tailored, transparent and sound advice.
Teamwork and Leadership
- Strong management skills, including excellent interpersonal, communication, engagement and negotiation skills
- Experience managing a team, including resource allocation, coaching and development, employee engagement and performance management.
Innovation and Creativity
- Proven experience developing marketing automation campaigns, materials or initiatives that are innovative and creative yet rooted in evidence and a deep understanding of the audience
- Ability to proactively seek-out improvement opportunities and make specific changes to improve performance.
- Experience using community centric design techniques and tools such as human-centred design in developing marketing materials, initiatives and activities, and experience tailoring communications to the needs of the audience.
Beyond Blue is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. We strongly encourage people from all cultural backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Applicants are welcome to access the Beyond Blue Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan 2020-2022 here.
Please click the 'Apply Now' button below. Applications should include a current CV with a cover letter that addresses why you would consider yourself to be a cultural addition to Beyond Blue and how your skills and experience would be attributes to the position.
For detailed information about this position including the closing date, please refer to the position description or click Apply Now to be directed to our careers page.
Preferred candidates will be required to undertake pre-employment screening, including a National Police Check and where required a Working With Children Check.
NOTE: Short-listing of candidates will commence prior to the closure of this role, so please do not delay submitting your application.