Beyond Blue’s vision is for all people in Australia to achieve their best possible mental health.
Our mission is to work with the community to improve mental health and prevent suicide.
We aim to achieve this by:
- Promoting mental health and wellbeing.
- Being a trusted source of information, advice and support.
- Working together to prevent suicide.
Beyond Blue’s values are Collaboration, Respect, Enthusiasm, Excellence, Innovation and Integrity.
The Insights & Innovation Centre of Excellence (CoE) is being established to support Beyond Blue in its transformation to becoming more community centric.
The CoE will support the organisation and Lines of Business to achieve the strategy with frameworks and tools to incubate and accelerate best-in-class products & services for the community, through agile and iterative design and its trial, through to launch and scale.
The Product Innovation team is responsible for the product design and agile development, implementation, maintenance, optimisation, and evaluation of new digital products for the Big Blue Door transformation program.
The Product Lead will manage the team who are responsible for the product development program of work as well as undertake the development of a new Big Blue Door product. This includes planning, implementing and evaluating all activities in accordance with the Centre of Excellence and Business Transformation group plan and budget, leading and mentoring team members and building digital capability across the broader group.
Leadership & Team Management
- Provide thought leadership, support and oversight for the development of the Big Blue Door program
- Provide effective leadership to the product team and take appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances
- Provide strategic advice to the organisation in relation to the team’s areas of expertise and responsibility, which is guided by the best available evidence
- Work with the Head of Products and Services and the Chief Experience Officer to develop and deliver the annual group work plan within agreed budgets and timeframes, to stakeholder satisfaction
- Manage a high performing team, including resource planning, developing staff work plans, professional development and biannual performance reviews
- Provide timely, relevant and adaptable leadership and support to team members
- Be responsible for program governance such as writing reports, papers and presentations that represent and/or cover your teams work where required.
New Product Design & Development
- Define the product vision strategy, roadmap, core positioning and messaging for the product
- Lead product development using an insight driven and agile approach
- Place the community at the centre of all decision making
- Leadership within the Agile Squad on product vision, strategy and approach to ensure that the squad is aligned to deliver on outcomes
- Work with Research, Education and Learning team to develop a Performance Framework for the product and create KPIs
- Deliver expert advice to inform and support new and existing digital product development & strategy
- Support Beyond Blue’s digital products (aligned to the specific new product development) and consider existing roadmaps for enhancements, new features and optimisation that will influence the new product development roadmap
- Drive continuous improvement and quality assurance in product management through corrective actions and strategies, to minimise risk and enhance operations and output
- Have a deep understanding of Beyond Blue’s community experience, reflect Beyond Blues values and identify and fill digital product gaps and generate new ideas to improve the community experience and drive growth
- Work closely with Community Experience team to for community engagement on co-design and user testing requirements
- Operationalise the digital product strategy and translate it into detailed requirements and roadmaps to ensure products are developed to meet community and business needs.
Product Delivery Oversight
- Drive agile product development by working with the project manager to drive effective delivery outcomes
- Working with key stakeholders’ executives, squad members, lines of businesses and vendors to ensure successful and timely implementation
- Be accountable for defining key milestones and overseeing the team to deliver on agreed milestones.
- Working with key stakeholders within the organisation and unpacking business requirements to inform product strategy and roadmap
- Lead and facilitate internal and external stakeholder engagement, consultation and negotiation on product development issues to ensure product suitability
- Ongoing stakeholder relationship management to ensure they are engaged in the product development lifecycle
- Present product showcases at different forums and stakeholder groups to keep them engaged in the journey.
Product Management Advocacy
- Act as a leader within the organisation on the craft of Product Management and champion the methodology and approach
- Drive capability uplift across the organisation by educating on Product Management approaches and outcomes (done through showcases, not specific training).
Qualifications and Key Selection Criteria
Appropriate Degree in Design, Marketing, Business or Commerce, and appropriate vocational and or industrial experience.
- Digital Strategy – Excellent knowledge of principles and methods for leading digital transformations
- Digital development – Experience designing and developing a program of integrated digital products and solutions that meet customer needs, underpinned by data to drive personalisation and optimisation
- Digital innovation – Proven strategic/thought leadership with an understanding of major digital trends, legislative requirements and governance frameworks
- Customer and User Experience – Excellent knowledge and application of customer and user experience principles across digital touchpoints
- Professional Empathy – Full awareness of and capacity to anticipate the sensitive impact of our products and messages on the public. Orientation towards seeking advice
- Effective leadership and people management – Highly developed skills and experience in leading teams and developing, motivating and managing people
- Superior written and verbal skills – Able to clearly communicate with a diverse range of people and be capable of creating clear and concise written communication
- Superior relationship management – Extensive experience in dealing with stakeholders from a range of backgrounds, in particular senior level executives from corporate and government sectors
- Governance – Knowledge of the policies, systems and processes to support and manage any risk to the organisation.
Beyond Blue is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. We strongly encourage people from all cultural backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Applicants are welcome to access the Beyond Blue Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan 2020-2022.
To apply, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. Applications should include a current CV with a cover letter that addresses why you would consider yourself to be a cultural addition to Beyond Blue and how your skills and experience would be attributes to the position. For detailed information about this position including the closing date, please refer to the position description on our careers page.
Preferred candidates will be required to undertake pre-employment screening, including a National Police Check and where required a Working With Children Check.
NOTE: Short-listing of candidates will commence prior to the closure of this role, so please do not delay submitting your application.