An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and experienced individual who is keen to lead, develop and deliver program and training initiatives across a state wide youth engagement focused organisation.
Attractive salary packaging options and flexible working arrangements!
Blue Light Victoria (BLV) is an independent, for-purpose organisation with a vision to shape young lives and strengthen communities. Working with young people primarily between the ages of 10-18 years, BLV provides youth engagement opportunities, building resilience and wellbeing through interactive programs across the state.
BLV works with community agencies and has a long history of working closely with one of it's key partner agencies, Victoria Police. BLV has designed and facilitated initiatives that provide opportunities for young people to participate in with police and their local community leading to positive outcomes and relationships.
BLV is located in CBD Melbourne and is also supported in it's work by approximately 25 BLV branches across the state.
Programs and initiatives facilitated enable approximately 20,000 young people to participate in a BLV event or program each year.
Established in 1976, BLV is governed by a Board of Directors.
Operational and strategic oversight of the organisation is led by our Chief Executive Officer. We also have a team of dedicated staff and volunteers to help deliver our services.
About this Role
The Training and Program Development Manager role is an exciting new role for BLV and will primarily be responsible for the training, development and monitoring of one of BLV's flagship programs, Blue EDGE and contributing to program module development.
Blue EDGE (Educate, Develop, Grow, Empower) is an 8-week program delivered twice weekly during the school term to a group of 15-20 young people aged 12-17 years.
This program aims to increase young people's resilience and wellbeing using fitness and activity based learning. Partnering with local stakeholders and Victoria Police members, the program builds positive relationships between young people, the police and wider community support networks.
The Blue EDGE program is delivered across the state in both metropolitan Melbourne and rural Victoria. It is anticipated that in 2022 the Blue EDGE program will be delivered in approximately 16-20 secondary schools across the state.
Key purposes of the Training and Program Development Manager role is:-
- To work with program staff to design innovative and creative program modules for BLV youth engagement/empowerment programs particularly as they relate to Blue EDGE.
- To train and develop staff, volunteers and key partners in best practice youth engagement, youth development and group facilitation skills.
The Training and Program Development Manager will report to the BLV Operations Manager.
Hours and Basis of Employment
Full time – 38 hours per week.
Employment Period – Fixed term contract until 30 April 2023.
- In collaboration with relevant program staff, create and design modules for BLV youth engagement programs that are grounded in best practice.
- Monitor and contribute to the evaluation approach of program outcomes for BLV youth engagement programs.
- Develop, implement, facilitate and evaluate training and development programs for staff, partner agencies and volunteers involved in BLV youth engagement programs.
- Undertake training needs analysis to ensure that staff, volunteers and key partners are provided with training to allow them to attain and maintain an adequate level of skill and capability to perform their designated functions.
- Ensure both face to face and online learning approaches are embedded in module and training development and delivery.
- Establish continuous quality improvement processes and drive data collection at all levels to assist with monitoring, reporting and evaluation.
- Build and nurture stakeholder relationships and promote BLV initiatives.
- As appropriate, be responsible for the oversight and supervision of tertiary student placements in a relevant discipline.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Psychology, Youth Work, Teaching (with additional student wellbeing training), or a relevant social services or health discipline.
- Understanding and working knowledge of current issues impacting young people, models of youth participation, strengths-based practice, youth development and community consultation.
- Demonstrated experience in designing youth engagement/empowerment programs.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and facilitating training and development programs for an array of stakeholders on youth engagement, youth participation and youth development.
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Understanding of risk management, child safe standards and ethical practice.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills and the ability to prepare high quality correspondence, reports and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality outcomes within tight timeframes.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment would be desirable
- Competency with Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- This position will be based in CBD Melbourne however it will require frequent travel, including overnight stays across both metropolitan and regional Victoria to deliver training and development initiatives. Use of the BLV motor vehicle and/or travel reimbursement will be available and the successful candidate must be available to travel as required.
- Drivers licence is essential.
- Professional supervision in accordance with professional associations will be made available.
- We support flexible work practices, as agreed with line manager
- A modern/ new Melbourne CBD workplace in close proximity to public transport
- Ongoing training and development
- A supportive team environment
- Access to building amenities including a gym, town centre, excellent meeting facilities and end of trip facilities
- Access to a vehicle for work travel purposes
- Salary Sacrifice available
Salary Range: $80,000 - $89,999
This appointment will be a fixed term contract until 30 April, 2023. If you have further questions about the role, please contact Karen Burns, Operations Manager on 0421 992 532 or email email@example.com, using the subject line: Training and Program Development Manager enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Along with this position Blue Light Victoria also has a Program Coordinator role advertised.