- Job # 562190
- Full-time in a collaborative and friendly environment (0.8 EFT will be considered)
- Fixed Term 3 years with a view to extension
- $88,489 - $97,344 Pro Rata per annum + 17% super
The Bouverie Centre is seeking a Workforce Development Trainer / Family Therapist with experience in mental health or related fields to join our team. This position will provide you with the opportunity to undertake a crucial role implementing family-based practices in a range of service sectors, including mental health, alcohol and other drugs, and other related services. This will involve the provision of training, supervision, and organisational consultation. You will help design, co-ordinate and deliver workforce development and implementation projects and contribute to research about how best to build family sensitive practice capability in services. You will also have a small family therapy caseload. This position offers an interesting and varied role within a supportive team environment.
The primary purpose of this position is to:
- Implement family-based and systemic practices in mental health, alcohol and other drugs and related services through the provision of training, supervision, and organisational consultation.
- Design, co-ordinate and deliver workforce development and implementation projects, including contributing to the evaluation and research components of these projects.
- Contribute to the knowledge base about how best to build capability for family inclusion in mental health, alcohol, and other drugs services and in range of related services.
Skills and Experience
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in social work, nursing, occupational therapy or psychology with a Post Graduate qualification in Family Therapy and eligibility for Clinical Membership of the Australian Association of Family Therapy.
- An inquiring mind and a desire to improve services.
- Skills and experience in providing training, consultation, supervision and support within an implementation framework to practitioners and managers in health and other human service settings.
- Experience in delivering contemporary training including online delivery and a willingness to contribute to the development of e-learning packages.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
A position description is attached.