- Position: Part time (0.4 – 0.6 FTE) TBC
- Salary: $ER1 - ER7, $80,452 - $97,994pa, Pro rata
- Anticipated start date: May/June 2021
Dr Brad Pettitt is the Greens Member of the Legislative Council for the South Metropolitan Region. His portfolio priorities will be sustainable cities, including transport, planning, housing and homelessness as well as energy, climate change, forests and integrity of Government.
The Communications Adviser for Dr Brad Pettitt, Greens MLC for South Metropolitan Region will be a creative, passionate and highly skilled individual, with a deep commitment to Greens values, to manage traditional and new media on behalf of the Member.
This Communications Adviser will act as media liaison; drafting media releases, pitching news stories and responding to media enquiries, as well as deliver cutting-edge digital engagement and social media strategies; creating and executing content that delivers positive interactions, builds community and drives engagement across our social channels.
PAY AND CONDITIONS
The position is offered at an Electorate Officer A classification $80,452 - $97,994pa,
A three-month probation period will apply.
KEY WORK AREAS
- Media liaison on behalf of the Member by:
- Seeking pro-active media opportunities by developing and utilising contacts in the Perth media, writing engaging media releases, organising media opportunities, drafting op eds, pitching media stories; and
- Responding to media enquiries
- Create and coordinate content across all digital channels, ensuring it is strategic, timely and engaging, including:
- Day-to-day management of social media accounts including YouTube, Instagram, twitter and Facebook, ensuring the accessibility of all content,
- Maintain and update the Members’ websites in line with digital objectives,
- Develop scripts, shoot and edit video content to meet strategic objectives,
- Create and monitor advertisements across all social platforms in line with strategic objectives, and
- Build the Members’ online profile using existing platforms and the latest digital innovations
- Build, engage with and organise supporter communities online,
- Raise the profile and authenticity of the Members’ voice in portfolio and other priority areas via the delivery of issues-based campaigns.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to convey complex issues in plain English.
- Well-developed organisational skills including the ability to prioritise and schedule work to ensure the completion of tasks to meet deadlines.
- Photography and video editing skills, with a demonstrated ability to develop organic content in line with a brief or messaging guide.
- Demonstrated digital communications skills including experience in:
- delivering and evaluating social and digital marketing, with a strong understanding of content creation and marketing;
- utilising the latest digital communication tools, online publishing techniques and other rapidly developing media; and
- identifying and engaging with online communities via social media, particularly Facebook and Instagram
- ability to create digital content such as graphics, gifs and memes (please outline tools or software proficiency)
- Ability to work as part of a team, under pressure and to strict deadlines, with minimal supervision
- Experience in web design and development or a related communications discipline, or relevant experience, including web technical skills, knowledge of HTML, CSS, Drupal and CiviCRM
- A good understanding of the Perth media landscape and existing networks or contacts
Please note all employees are expected to sign a confidentiality and code of conduct agreement prior to the commencement of their employment.
We actively encourage applications from any interested and qualified people. We don’t discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We welcome people with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply for all our roles. We recognise the richness and value of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and the unique knowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees bring to workplaces, policy development and service delivery.
Enquiries about the position to Trish on 0411 560 422 .