- Exciting finance opportunity within a leading health organisation
- Flexible hours (Mon-Fri), five weeks' annual leave
- Generous salary packaging and free parking
- Base salary $80-85K + super + 17.5% leave loading
About the role
A fantastic opportunity to gain exposure to both the financial and management accounting aspects of a business whilst at the same time making a positive change in the world.
The successful candidate will get the opportunity to lead and undertake budget preparation, financial management, analysis and reporting and to contribute to financial compliance and audit activities across the organisation.
This is a well-balanced role that would be perfect for somebody looking to make the move out of the chartered environment but also challenging enough for somebody with commercial experience looking for an exciting new change for the new year.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Lead the organisation’s end-of-month activities ensuring all month-end procedures such as month-end journals, balance sheet reconciliations, bank reconciliations and other month-end duties are completed in a timely manner
- Assist in the preparation of financial and management reports for the consideration of the Executive, Board and Finance and Risk Management (FARM) Committee
- Lead the annual budgeting process across the organisation including engaging with all program managers and providing advice and information to the Executive to assist in their decision-making
- Working closely with the Finance Manager, prepare the organisation’s annual financial statements ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards and ensuring our obligations under the ACNC Act are met
- Prepare periodic financial progress reports and acquittals for submission to funding providers
- Lead the interim and end-of-year external audit activities, with the aim of achieving an unqualified audit report
Qualifications and Experience
- CA or CPA qualification (or near completion) essential
- Significant experience in finance or accounting roles within the not-for-profit industry or current significant experience within a chartered accounting firm highly desirable
- Previous exposure to payroll functions within an organisation and knowledge of current payroll legislation desirable
- Experience in financial reporting and analysis, preparation of budgets and financial reporting to management and funding agencies
- Experience in providing advice to management on budgets, financial reporting, and expenditure control
- Experience with internal and external financial audit processes
- Experience using accounting software packages (experience with Attaché Accounting Software, Microsoft Dynamics and Elmo HR Payroll Software Solution) is desirable but not essential
- Advanced ability in MS Excel essential. Intermediate ability with the MS Office suite of products such as Word, Outlook and SharePoint.
About the Company
Brisbane North PHN supports clinicians and communities in Brisbane's northern suburbs, Moreton Bay Regional Council and parts of Somerset Regional Council. It covers approximately 4,100 km2 of urban, regional and rural areas, with a population of over one million.
Our vision is a community where good health is available for everyone. We work with others to create and deliver the best possible health and community care system for the people of our region.
Our PHN’s goals:
- Be informed and led by community voice
- Re-orient the health system toward care close to home
- Build capacity of providers to meet health needs of our region
The PHN’s values:
- Collaboration: We build strong and enduring relationships to achieve our shared goals.
- Diversity: We are inclusive, fair and responsive to different needs.
- Integrity: We are transparent, respectful and work to the highest standards.
- Courage: We lead new approaches, learn and improve.
- Impact: We deliver outcomes for our community.
Brisbane North PHN offers the successful candidate the chance to work for a dynamic and innovative organisation. You'll enjoy working with our supportive staff and the learning opportunities provided from the exposure to a range of diverse projects.
- Flexible hours (Monday – Friday)
- Generous salary packaging arrangements available
- Annual professional development funding available
- Free undercover parking
- Five weeks' annual leave per annum
- 17.5% leave loading
- Employee Assistance Program
How to Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please:
- Review the full position description attached below
- Direct any queries about the role to email@example.com using the subject line: Financial and Management Accountant enquiry via EthicalJobs.
- Click the Apply Now button to submit your application
Please note - Brisbane North PHN has a mandatory vaccination policy, and the successful candidate will be required to provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccinations.
We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, people with lived experience of mental illness and people with disabilities.