- Parental leave cover
- Opportunity to drive Mental Health reform in Brisbane North
- Work for a leading health organisation, as part of a skilled and enthusiastic team
- Generous salary packaging, five weeks' annual leave pro rata, and free parking
- Base salary $90-94K per annum pro rata
About the Company
Brisbane North PHN supports clinicians and communities in Brisbane's northern suburbs, Moreton Bay Regional Council and parts of Somerset Regional Council. It covers approximately 4,100 km2 of urban, regional and rural areas, with a population of over one million.
Our vision is a community where good health is available for everyone. We work with others to create and deliver the best possible health and community care system for the people of our region.
Our PHN’s goals:
- Be informed and led by community voice
- Re-orient the health system toward care close to home
- Build capacity of providers to meet health needs of our region
Mental health reform
The PHN is focused on supporting and leading reform of the mental health system in line with a stepped care model which includes the following six streams:
- Brief therapy services;
- Psychological therapies for underserviced groups and people in residential aged care facilities
- Primary mental health care services for people with, severe and complex mental illness, including packages of care;
- Young people with severe mental illness, and cross sectoral approaches to early intervention for children and young people;
- Suicide prevention regional planning and implementation;
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mental health and wellbeing;
About the role
This role will focus primarily on the children and young people stream, including contract management of services targeting children and young people and system engagement to enable the PHN to work collaboratively at a regional level to implement the stepped model of integrated care.
Duties and Responsibilities
- co-design and deliver the procurement of services in at least one PHN mental health or alcohol and other drug treatment funding stream in line with the organisation’s commissioning framework
- operate developmentally with all stakeholders in the health system to ensure these initiatives are integrated, meet high priority needs and result in better outcomes for consumers
- lead and/or contribute to the creation and development of regional mechanisms for planning and service integration
- monitor, support and improve the quality of services delivered by partner agencies
- ensure consumers and carers have opportunities to influence and direct the outcomes of service delivery
- actively participate in and inform monitoring and evaluation of activities
- support and progress strong linkages with PHNs and relevant national organisations in other states and territories as well as other local services
- represent the organisation on relevant committees, advisory groups, and events as they relate to the role and organisational objectives.
Skills and Experience
- bachelor level or higher degree in health services, social science or related discipline is desirable
- strong understanding of the mental health and alcohol and other drug treatment service sectors, in particular primary care, and interconnecting other health and human service systems
- experience in effective stakeholder engagement and relationship development with the mental health community including consumers, carers, advocates, providers, policy makers and others
- significant experience in a human services environment, particularly with sector development models, resources, processes and tools to support and enhance system reform
- experience in program development and project management to affect systems change
- highly developed interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills and the capacity to build and maintain relationships with Brisbane North PHN’s key stakeholders.
Brisbane North PHN offers the successful candidate the chance to work for a dynamic and innovative organisation. You'll enjoy working with our supportive staff and the learning opportunities provided from the exposure to a range of diverse projects.
- Generous salary packaging arrangements available
- Annual professional development funding available
- Free undercover parking
- Five weeks' annual leave pro rata per annum
- 17.5% leave loading
- Employee Assistance Program
Review the full position description attached below or at https://brisbanenorthphn.org.au/about/careers
Direct any queries about the role to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Mental Health Program Development Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs.
We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, people with lived experience of mental illness and people with disabilities.