- Work with a team dedicated to creating a more equal world and ending poverty
- Based in Melbourne or Canberra
- Full time, Fixed term to 14th October 2022 (Parental leave Cover)
CARE Australia works to defeat global poverty by supporting women to create lasting change in their communities around the world.
About the Role
The Senior Manager Risk and Compliance works with CARE Australia departments and Country Offices to ensure compliance requirements are met and to support strong governance tools and practices. The role represents CARE Australia in high-level meetings, working groups and discussions including with CARE International, peer organisations and peak bodies.
A dynamic leadership role, this position identifies opportunities for governance and operational improvements which will support effective risk management, meet compliance obligations and help nurture a culture with a strong, embedded and dynamic approach to mitigating risk.
- Develop and manage the risk, governance and oversight frameworks for CARE Australia;
- Coordination and supporting organisational compliance with all legislative and regulatory obligations, including ensuring risk management, ethical and integrity considerations are integrated into operations;
- Coordination of accreditation and other compliance processes and relevant quality standards;
- Conducting compliance checks, including internal audits and risk assessments;
- Working with other key compliance roles in the CARE confederation (including the Secretariat and other CARE members) to mitigate risk in key areas through strategic engagement with CARE International;
- Supporting CARE Australia Human Resources to understand and comply with Work Health and Safety requirements;
- Supporting CARE Australia’s Senior Management Team to respond to crises through coordination of crisis management responses.
Ideally you will have:
- A demonstrated high level of communication and coordination skills including the ability to work collaboratively and productively with internal and external stakeholders;
- Experience in quality management systems including the development of policies and procedures;
- A strong focus on empowering others to understand compliance and governance requirements, including the ability to lead cross-organisational working groups;
- Understanding of company compliance requirements including those under the ACNC and ASIC;
- Understanding of audit and compliance processes and demonstrated ability to develop and apply controls;
- Understanding of accreditation requirements and processes in the not-for-profit sector, with experience in Australian Government Aid program requirements an advantage;
- Experience in risk and fraud control management, including the development and application of tools, including in international contexts;
- Excellent judgement and proven ability to deal with complex interrelated issues and strong analytical and problem solving skills to develop solutions that address root causes;
- An understanding of the importance of empowering women and girls and a commitment to the protection of children and the prevention of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse;
- Professional or academic training in risk management or related field.
What we can offer you
- A flexible and supportive working environment
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- 17.5% leave loading
- Professional development and training opportunities
CARE Australia will seek information from job applicants’ previous employers about incidents of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment, and/or child abuse the applicant may have been found guilty to have committed or about which an investigation was in the process of being carried out at the time of the termination of the applicant’s employment with that employer. By submitting the application, the job applicant confirms that s/he has no objection to CARE Australia requesting the information specified above.
CARE Australia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people living with a disability and/or have lived experience of disability. We also encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.