About the Business
Established in 2009, CareerTrackers is a national non-profit with the goal of creating pathways and support systems for Indigenous young adults to attend and graduate from university, with high marks, industry experience and bright professional futures.
The organisation creates multi-year internships opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander university students. CareerTrackers Interns and Alumni represent a generation of Indigenous professionals who are changing the landscape of not only corporate Australia but of the wider Australian society.
About the Role
As an Advisor you will:
- Coach and support Indigenous University students through their internships and their studies
- Manage relationships with our corporate partners, leveraging your influence and commercial acumen to work closely together in creating internship opportunities that inspire excellence
- Deliver core training and events to students focusing on pre-employment, professional and leadership skills, preparing them for internships and life after graduation
- Help to grow the CareerTrackers community by meeting and engaging with new students, working together to secure an internship that aligns with their career aspirations
- Build strong, mutually beneficial relationships with our university and community partners
- Be part of a team who are passionate about supporting and empowering the next generation of Indigenous leaders
How you'll know you are doing a great job:
- You've forged strong relationships with your students and key stakeholders nationally
- You and your team consistently understand and follow National Program delivery standards and practices, meeting KPIs with a focus on accountability and continuous improvement
- You are consistently upholding the standard of excellence and keeping students at the core of everything you do
Benefits and Perks
As an Advisor, not only are you shaping the lives of CareerTrackers participants, you are also developing your own career. Every Advisor is provided with coaching to develop their skills and confidence. In addition, you will have access to industry experts who provide ongoing training and development.
- Participate in our 3-day national staff conference off-site held bi-annually
- Professional development including access to world-class training
- Exposure to some of Australia's most influential corporate and community leaders
- Gain first-hand insight into career pathways that you never knew existed
- Build your personal brand and obtain skills that will accelerate your career
- Competitive Salary sacrificing opportunities available
Skills and Experience
Who is this job for?
- The successful applicant will have demonstrated 2+ years experience in Diversity and Inclusion, Careers Advising, Stakeholder Management or similar
- A bachelor qualification is preferred but not essential
- Applicants will demonstrate strong business acumen, be prepared to take initiative and have excellent communication skills across all levels
- Someone who is passionate about making connections and has the demonstrated ability to build relationships within corporate Australia and Indigenous communities
- Applicants with proven leadership experience that inspires and engages their peers, students and relevant stakeholders