- Central Coast, NSW
- Attractive Salary Packaging Options
- Supportive team environment
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Access to external Supervision supports
About the role
The Counsellor will work within the Family Relationship and Health team to provide trauma informed, relationship, family law and family counselling for individuals, couples, and families.
This is a Permanent Part-time position, 30.4 hours per week, Tuesday to Friday.
- Provide direct broad-based Counselling and Child Trauma Therapy to meet performance standards.
- Provide time framed, trauma informed family/family law, children’s, couples, or single counselling services of short-, medium- and long-term sessions depending on client needs. Service provision and exit planning will be discussed with clients upon intake to maintain length of service and options of referrals when exiting service.
- Monitor client attachment and dependency with Specialist Lead supervisor every three months until client’s support period ends. Service Provision, possible change of counsellor and exit planning will be discussed with clients upon intake.
- Ensure compliance with incident management, reporting and escalation requirements and that organisational obligations under mandatory reporting, child protection, safeguarding and WHS are met.
- Tertiary qualifications in Counselling, Social Work, Welfare, Psychology, or professionally related disciplines with relevant registrations with peak bodies (APTA , PTPA or APPTA).
- Post graduate qualifications in areas relevant to counselling or relevant disciplines such as art therapy, child trauma therapy, play therapy will be highly regarded.
- Experience in group work facilitation with ability to plan, write, deliver, and evaluate group programs.
- National Criminal History Check
- Working with Children’s Check
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence
- Applicants will be required to disclose your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application for employment. You will also be required to provide further evidence of vaccination status or medical contraindication certificate as part of your recruitment /interview process.
At CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay we make a positive difference in the lives of the people we serve. Our services include NDIS disability services, foster care and out of home care supports, services for seniors, children’s services and a range of Community Services supports.
We are also a child-safe and child-friendly organisation.
We are a safe, respectful, and inclusive employer. We welcome all applicants, regardless of their cultural background, gender, faith or disability. Our organisation will accommodate any reasonable requests to support you to thrive during the recruitment process and beyond.
Culture and Benefits
Please find attached a video about what it means to work at CatholicCare. We also offer:
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free.
- A focus on employee well-being, with regular reflective/practice supervision opportunities;
- Access to training and learning opportunities.
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support; as well as
- An additional Paid Leave day (CatholicCare Day) to be taken at the end of the year.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please provide a cover letter addressing the role requirements, complete your work history and education information on the application page and submit your resume.
No recruitment agencies please