- Waitara, Sydney
- Attractive Salary Packaging Options
- Supportive team environment
- Learning and Development Opportunities
About the role
The Specialist Lead delivers supervisory support to casework staff delivering family support to children, young people and their families.
You will also provide case management support to a small caseload of families who require more intensive, specialist support.
This is a Permanent Full-time position.
- Provide targeted case management with complex needs client case load, managing risk independently and supporting staff with moderate risk issues.
- Work with families and children on a range of issues that include Domestic Violence, Mental Health and Alcohol and drug misuse in the family context and child safety.
- Apply evidence-based practice and drawing on theoretical frameworks appropriate to the needs of the children and young people.
- Work within the TEI program guidelines that aligns to the Human Services Outcomes Framework, working effectively with clients on targeted outcomes, collecting and reporting on outcomes to ensure we are meeting the needs of the clients and community we serve.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant area e.g.: Counselling, Psychology, Social Work, or a related discipline.
- Experience and extensive knowledge of working with vulnerable families
- Demonstrated understanding of Trauma Informed practice and Strengths Based Casework Interventions.
- Knowledge of adolescent development and Harm minimisation
- A Working With Children Check and Criminal History Check
- Valid NSW driver’s licence
- Applicants will be required to disclose your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application for employment. You will also be required to provide further evidence of vaccination status or medical contraindication certificate as part of your recruitment /interview process.
At CatholicCare Diocese of Broken Bay we make a positive difference in the lives of the people we serve. Our services include NDIS disability services, foster care and out of home care supports, services for seniors, children’s services and a range of Community Services supports.
We are also a child-safe and child-friendly organisation.
We are a safe, respectful, and inclusive employer. We welcome all applicants, regardless of their cultural background, gender, faith or disability. Our organisation will accommodate any reasonable requests to support you to thrive during the recruitment process and beyond.
Culture and Benefits
Please find attached a video about what it means to work at CatholicCare. We also offer:
- Salary packaging benefits to receive a portion of your salary tax-free.
- A focus on employee well-being, with regular reflective/practice supervision opportunities;
- Access to training and learning opportunities.
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support; as well as
- An additional Paid Leave day (CatholicCare Day) to be taken at the end of the year.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click Apply Now and provide a cover letter addressing the role requirements, complete your work history and education information on the application page and submit your resume.
No recruitment agencies please.