- Experience in the delivery of counselling & referral for students
- Full-time, part-time and casual opportunities across Sydney
- SCHADS Level 4 pay point 4 + super + generous salary packaging
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking experienced counsellors for our School Counselling Program working across Catholic schools within the Archdiocese of Sydney. The Counsellors are based in one or more Primary or Secondary schools and support student well-being by:
- Providing individual and group therapeutic counselling services and referrals for students, family members and advice to school staff
- Providing services to the school community, including workshop/education sessions for students, parents and staff
- Supporting the school community during and after critical incidents
- Liaising with other agencies and external services where appropriate
Casual opportunities to cover interim vacancies across Primary and Secondary schools in each of the following regions:
- Inner West
- South West Sydney
- St George & Sutherland Shire
- Lower North Shore
- Eastern Sydney
Ongoing full-time opportunities:
- Full-time girls Secondary School in Randwick
- Full -time Secondary School in Fairfield LGA
Ongoing part-time opportunities:
- Part-time (4 days per week) Primary School in Bonnyrigg Heights
- Part-time (4 days per week) Secondary School in Revesby
Full-time maximum duration opportunity:
- Full-time to June 2022 girls Secondary School in Wakely
Part-time maximum duration opportunity:
- Part-time (3.5 days per week) from 5 October 2021 – 17th December 2021, Primary Schools Concord West, Erskineville and Strathfield West
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
- A comprehensive orientation process
- Regular clinical and peer supervision opportunities
- Ongoing professional development
- Access to generous salary packaging
- Paid term breaks
To be a successful candidate you will have:
- The ability to undertake the duties of the role in accordance with CatholicCare’s Mission, Vision and Values and its Code of Ethics and Conduct in partnership with Sydney Catholic Schools
- Registration with the Psychology Board of Australia, full membership with the Australian Association of Social Workers or clinical membership with the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia
- Two years’ experience post qualifying, in providing counselling services addressing emotional and/or behavioural needs to children and adolescents, and their families, and to At-Risk students
- Demonstrated knowledge of current NSW Child Protection Legislation
- Demonstrated knowledge of child/adolescent development and mental health issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, an ability to work collaboratively with a team and engage with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in working with culturally and linguistically diverse clients
- Experience in delivery of group work and presentations, and the capacity to develop and deliver social/emotional education to staff and parents
- The ability to work independently, a willingness and capacity to take initiative and to manage a high-volume counselling caseload
- A full unrestricted Australian Driver licence
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Please refer to the attached Position Description & Information Kit where you can access further details on the role, program, employment conditions and benefits, our selection process and other frequently asked questions.
If you cannot find the answer you need, contact Daniel Lucas, HR Business Partner on firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: School Counsellors enquiry via EthicalJobs.
CatholicCare Sydney is the official social services agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney. We are a leading not-for-profit agency providing care and support to people across Australia in a wide range of social services: Children and families, relationships, ageing, disability, employment, mental health and youth programs.
CatholicCare requires the preferred applicant to undertake a National Criminal History Record Check prior to employment and requires a Working with Children Check.
CatholicCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer: People of Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and other culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply; people living with a disability are encouraged to apply.
A position description is attached.