- Position: 2 x Admin and Paralegal Officers – Ref: ADMIN0821
- Classification: Level 3
- Remuneration: $64,307 pro rata plus super and attractive salary packaging options
- Type: Part Time 3 days per week
An opportunity to make a difference
Caxton Legal Centre represents the interests of people who are disadvantaged or low-income earners when they come into contact with the Law. Caxton is seeking an Administration and Paralegal Officer to join our Administration and Community Engagement Team. The Administration and Community Engagement Team are responsible for coordinating accurate statistics collection and data analysis throughout the organisation, over-seeing the legal file management and paralegal support processes. The Administration and Paralegal Officer is a generalist administration and paralegal role that assists across all facets of the Administration and Community Engagement team in particular to undertake file administration and paralegal tasks, undertake some business services tasks and to provide back-up support for client services and volunteers.
- Responsible for administrative tasks including processing client intake forms, conflict checking, entering data into the CLASS system, filing and photocopying
- Provide basic paralegal and community education support including photocopying and compiling briefs to counsel, assisting with preparing CLE resources, filing court documents, filing on client files, collating files in preparation for advice sessions and other paralegal tasks as requested by the lawyers and social workers
- Working within the broader Administration team to provide support as required including regular stationery and office supplies orders and equipment maintenance
- Act as back-up support for Client Services and Volunteers as directed by the Coordinator, MAPS Team
- A good level of computer literacy and competency in major administration software packages such as Microsoft (Outlook, Excel, Word), Sharepoint and CLASS
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to ‘think on your feet' and work independently in the absence of specific instruction
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and meet relevant deadlines
- Ability to appropriately deal with sensitive and highly confidential information with a high level of tact, discretion and judgement
- Strong communication skills, particularly in obtaining information from clients
The successful applicants will have the ability to work with clients with complex legal and social issues and who may have an impairment or be culturally or linguistically diverse.
Due to the high volume of applications, only those successful in gaining an interview will be contacted.