- REF: FPS1001
- Position: Community Worker, Financial Protections Service
- Classification: Level 3
- Remuneration: $64,307 (pro rata) plus super and attractive salary packaging options
- Type: part time fixed term contract till 30 June 2022
An opportunity to make a difference
Caxton Legal Centre represents the interests of people who are disadvantaged or low-income earners when they come into contact with the Law.
Caxton is seeking a Community Worker, Financial Protections Service, who will participate in our service aimed at preventing financial elder abuse and financial exclusion. The successful applicant will provide outreach services to middle-aged and older people, raise awareness and provide community education along with performing case management. Full training in how to deliver the service and materials to provide to the public will be provided.
- Assist individuals and organisations to benefit from the Financial Protections Service information and resources
- Deliver the Financial Protections Service to members of the public, who may or may not become clients of Caxton Legal Centre, in accordance with Caxton’s Practice Manual and Code of Ethics and Conduct. The service includes:
- Outreach to groups and individuals
- Formal and informal screening to assess risk of financial abuse information about and referrals to appropriate sources of free and independent financial services and products, such as financial counsellors and financial information services, depending on an individual’s needs
- Follow up with individuals who reveal current abuse or other vulnerabilities and who request help to act on the information provided
- Collaborate with relevant agencies to provide information, problem solve and develop referral pathways for services to clients
- Collaborate with providers of Caxton’s Seniors Legal and Support Service, Older Persons Advocacy and Legal Service and Queensland Retirement Villages and Parks Advice Service to delivery service activities
- Collect data and provide reports as required for evaluation, reporting requirements
- Bachelor of Human Services or similar, or significant relevant experience
- Experience in providing front line services and communicating with the general public
- Current Drivers licence
- Demonstrated experience working with vulnerable clients or clients from a culturally or linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Excellent attention to detail and consistent high standards of work
- Strong communication skills, particularly in obtaining information from clients
A position description is attached.
Due to the high volume of applications, only those successful in gaining an interview will be contacted.
The successful applicant will have the ability to work with clients with complex legal and social issues and provide advice to clients who may have an impairment or be culturally or linguistically diverse.