- Use your administrative skills to make a positive difference
- Hybrid role, working 2 – 3 days from our main office
- 6 days of paid company leave between Christmas and New Year
WHO WE ARE
Common Equity Housing Limited (CEHL) is Victoria’s largest Housing Association and a market leader in the provision and development of affordable housing.
With more than 2,200 properties across Victoria, we partner with member co-operatives to deliver an effective and sustainable co-operative housing program.
CEHL actively promotes the vital role co-operative models can play in not only changing people’s lives, but in being an ongoing solution to Victoria’s current housing affordability crisis.
Currently located in Docklands we will be moving to our new premises in Carlton early 2023.
ABOUT THE ROLe
In this role you will be the first point of contact for our tenants. You will also provide support to all arms of the business by way of administrative duties, data management, IT support, and communication to our tenants.
Some day-to-day responsibilities include
- Completing word document merges
- Undertaking data management, integrity checks and administration of key organisational processes
- Document management, including archiving, disposal and access
- Mail distribution and dispatch
- Triaging telephone enquiries and direct calls
- IT on site assistance
- Courier management
- Arranging catering for internal and external staff and member events
- Administration of staff amenities
- Administration of printing supplies (internal and external)
- Stationery management
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our ideal candidate has:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a busy office with thorough understanding of office administration
- A good understanding of information management practices (particularly document management, ability to navigate different portals and digital platforms)
- Experience with SharePoint Online and the Office 365 platform (highly desired)
- Strong computer skills including using Microsoft 365 suite
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with ability to liaise effectively with a broad range of people
- Experience working in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to deal with sensitive information
- Demonstrated experience in database systems, and high-level computer skills
- Accurate word processing and data entry skills
- A high attention to detail
- Ability to be autonomous and agile to prioritise and manage tasks with competing deadlines
- Ability to apply compliance requirements related to the work
- Ability to work under pressure
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
A career with Common Equity Housing Limited is an opportunity to join a sector-leading, non-profit organisation and a team of purpose-driven and diverse professionals who are each committed to our vision to empower people and communities with better housing solutions.
Aside from the opportunity to positively impact the lives of individuals, additional benefits include:
- Access to professional development programs that include on-the-job learning, workshops, forums, leadership development and internal mobility.
- Policies that accommodate flexible working and other working arrangements to tailor and encourage individual performance.
- An opportunity to shape a sector-leading organisation to achieve even greater impact.
- A highly engaged team culture that is dynamic, growing in agility and committed to serving those individuals who need our support.
- A culture that encourages and cultivates collaboration and embeds organisational excellence.
- Access to salary packaging tax advantages.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia and will be required to undertake a Police Check. CEHL is an Equal Opportunity employer and supports accessible working arrangements for all. People with a disability, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Island people, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
A position description is attached.