Respect, Excellence, Celebration, Compassion, Acceptance, Professionalism
Centrecare is a not-for-profit organisation with just over 375 employees and is committed to delivering quality professional counselling, support, accommodation, mediation and training services; in over 11 locations across the Perth Metro, Goldfields and Bunbury region.
This permanent full-time position is located in Kalgoorlie 600kms from Perth which equates to a short 50 minute flight (perfect for those long weekends) or a leisurely six hour drive. Centrecare offers an attractive zone allowance to all staff who choose to work in the Kalgoorlie region and upto to $50,000 relocation benefits through salary packaging.
Does this lifestyle appeal to you? If so, we would like to hear from you!
About the Position
This position will also see you being accountable for the overall performance, reputation and development of Centrecare's activities and workforce for those programs and the staff that are working in them. This Management role supported by the Executive Manager will look after 7 programs including Family Domestic Violence, Youth Programs and Family Law.
A few specifics
- Demonstrate and role model for staff and clients, alignment, and compliance with Centrecare’s policies, systems, processes, and procedures.
- Ensure all staff are operating within Centrecare’s Therapeutic Framework.
- Provide management supervision and support to staff.
- Conduct performance reviews.
- Conduct regular audits of service standards.
- Provide regular updates on service delivery and outcome reports.
- Contribute to the Agency leadership and management team as requested.
- Possession of a tertiary qualification in Psychology, counselling and/or mental health is essential to be considered for this role.
- Good communicator, able to write reports, to analyse and present program data, experience in monitoring staff development needs and planning for these
- Ability to promote services in the community and to represent Centrecare in interagency forums and collectives
- Possession of a C class drivers licence.
- National Police Clearance
- Senior Management experience in the Community Services sector or similar.
- Ability and willingness to work within the agency's purpose and values and develop the agency ethos.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of counselling approaches and theoretical frameworks.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional learning and development and ability to provide high quality supervision, support and leadership ability and willingness to work effectively in a team setting.
- Ability to liaise, consult, negotiate and cooperate with community groups, services and agencies.
- Demonstrated experience leading a team of professionals.
- Proven ability to manage activities of staff and provide management in a timely manner.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal.
- Knowledge of the region, local needs and its support structures.
- Access to corporate health cover provided for by Bupa and Medibank Private
- Up to $50,000 worth of relocation available through salary packaging
- Excellent salary packaging options (up to $15,900)
- $1000 cash reloaction if relocating from more than 1000kms away
- Annual leave loading at 17.5%
- Extra 5 days leave per year
- Discount hotel rates with TFE Hotels
- Access to professional development training
- Insurance cover to and from work
- Employee Assistance Program
- Reduced mortgage interest rates through Catholic Super
How to Apply
A full list of selection criteria can be accessed on our online job portal, click Apply Now and you will be directed to our portal, to be successfully screened for this role applications will only be considered if selection criteria is submitted.
Shortlisting will commence straightaway, Centrecare reserves the right to close the position early if needed.
Should you have any queries please contact Human Resources on (08) 9288 2244 for a confidential discussion.
Centrecare believes that all children are valuable and worthy of respect. It strongly supports the rights of the child and is committed to ensuring the safety, wellbeing and protection of all children who are in contact with or receive its services.