- Position can be located in any of our country offices (Australia, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, PNG, Myanmar, Timor-Leste)
- Work for an organisation that works to reduce poverty for children around the world
WHO ARE WE?
ChildFund Australia is an independent international development organisation that works to reduce poverty for children in many of the world’s most disadvantaged communities. We partner to create community and systems change which enables vulnerable children and young people, in all their diversity, to assert and realise their rights.
ChildFund Australia directly manages and implements programs in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea, Timor-Leste and Vietnam, while also supporting projects delivered by partner organisations throughout Asia, Africa and the Americas. Our work is funded through child and community sponsorship, as well as public donations and government grants.
- A strong team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Someone with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable to work with people from different backgrounds and cultures
- Able to effectively mentor & coach others
If so, keep reading!
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As the Education Advisor you work closely with the Education Team in Sydney and Country Offices (COs) as well as the International Program Team in Sydney to strengthen and expand ChildFund Australia’s existing education programs and projects. You provide input and feedback to project concept papers, proposals (including submissions), monitoring reports and evaluation as well as provide technical advice and support on the education components of other programs and projects.
- Contribute to develop our thinking about education and its role in international development programs to advance ChildFund Australia’s strategic goals; programs, research and advocacy initiatives
- Support Country Office education teams with technical support and advice in project planning, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Assist Country Office staff with progress reporting both internally and to donors
- Support the design and preparation of winning grant submissions including writing concept notes and proposals
- Create strong relationships through networking activities with INGOs, ACFID working groups and donor agencies to lift the profile of ChildFund Australia as well as with our Regional Offices and Alliance members and foster collaborative initiatives and cross-learning opportunities
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline
- Cross cultural experience in an NGO/International development context
- 5+ years as a teacher, preferably in formal, basic education and/or teacher education; and in a number of sub-sectors (e.g. Early Childhood, primary, secondary, tertiary, technical and vocational, teacher training, assessment and evaluation etc.) including some years in the International Development sector
- Project management experience
- Familiarity/experience with web-based communication platforms (Teams, Zoom, Webex etc.)
Please view the full position description attached.