Chisholm Incorporated is a supported crisis accommodation service on the North side of Brisbane that offers safe, secure, accommodation to Women and Children escaping domestic or Family Violence.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a small professional team, providing case management, safety planning, practical and emotional support to Women from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Chisholm works from a Feminist, Strength based framework
- The position is for minimum 30 hours per-week
- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry (SCHCADS) Award Level 7
- Access to external supervision
- Opportunity to participate in salary sacrifice arrangements
- Bachelor degree in the behavioural or social sciences
- Minimum of three years’ experience in managing a community based organisation
- A current Blue Card (Working with Children check)
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- QLD Drivers License
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Demonstrated understanding of domestic and family violence and its impact on women and children
- Demonstrated capacity for collaborative leadership of a multi-disciplinary team of staff
- Demonstrated ability to be able to supervise case management, staff professional development and to promote team cohesiveness
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills and computer proficiency skills
- Demonstrated conflict resolution, crisis intervention and counselling skills
- Ability to be able to develop policies and procedures for the organisation and to prepare funding reports
- A high degree of professionalism and well-developed interpersonal skills with a capacity to build effective relationships with a wide range of people including service users, employees, volunteers, peers within the sector, local community groups and government and non-government stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to be able to work with people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
A position description is attached.
Please make contact to discuss this opportunity further please call 07 36252600 or email Naomi Brown at coordinator@Chisholm.org.au using the subject line: Locum Coordinator enquiry via EthicalJobs.