Our team of professionals offer high-quality, client-focussed therapeutic services including family support, assessments and training for carers, parents and support teams. As a Behaviour Support Practitioner you will be at a level of proficiency to provide insights into challenging behaviours and develop Positive Behaviour Support Plans and interventions for our customer's.
Duties will include:
- Conducting a variety of assessments for adults and children
- Developing, delivering and monitoring interventions and strategies for the management of behaviours exhibited by people with disability
- Providing training to relevant stakeholders in therapeutic interventions, behaviour support plans, restricted practices, risk and safety plans
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work or Counselling or Mental Health or equivalent experience that meets the requirements of the NDIS Capability Framework.
- Demonstrated understanding of Positive Behaviour Support
- Commitment to the Human Rights of people living with mental health and disabilities.
- Capability to work independently to achieve identified goals within time constraints
- Excellent organisational, administrative and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Experience and knowledge of Restrictive Practices
- Registration with AASW, APHRA or relevant professional body will be highly regarded.
- Psychologists, Social workers, Mental health workers, Family therapists or Counsellors encouraged to apply
- Computer literacy with experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Current First Aid Certificate
Interviews will be conducted as suitable candidates are shortlisted, so don’t delay - Apply now