Purpose of the Role
Looking for a purpose driven and creative communication specialist with design, writing and event management skills to join Climate-KIC’s growing team and lead the implementation of its communications strategy for the Materials Embodied Carbon Leaders Alliance (MECLA) project.
The successful candidate will help Climate-KIC develop a clear narrative for this project and lead the implementation of communications strategies to build a strong brand among target audiences. Must be comfortable working with business and government sectors.
They will lead and coordinate website development and content generation, manage social media accounts, develop and maintain customer relationship management systems including membership database and support with the promotion and running of project events.
Working within brand guidelines, they will ensure communications are targeted and relevant, utilising effective visual storytelling and content generation.
About Climate-KIC Australia
We are a registered not-for-profit with DGR status working to drive systemic innovation to address climate change. We offer a national workplace and strong links to our European sister organisation EIT Climate-KIC. Climate-KIC Australia offers a flexible work environment. Our work involves engaging with high profile stakeholders, diverse range of tasks, with space to be creative and bring new ideas.
About the Project - Materials Embodied Carbon Leaders Alliance (MECLA)
Materials Embodied Carbon Leaders Alliance was formed in 2021 with support from NSW Department Planning, Industry and Environment to enable organisations to come together to drive reductions in embodied carbon in the building and construction industry.
The Alliance seeks to align with the Paris Agreement targets and principles of the circular economy and recognises that the building and construction sector is a complex ecosystem.
Lead by WWF-Australia and Presync, with support from Climate-KIC Australia, over 110 active members have joined the Alliance since April 2021. See www.wwf.org.au/what-we-do/climate/mecla#gs.hlz6ie
- Work under guidance of Project Manager and Director of MECLA and other stakeholders to implement the communications strategy and membership management for MECLA
- Guided by MECLA Working Groups, build out MECLA’s website development and content
- Develop project graphic collateral for project events and social media accounts, including visual content, creating short videos and other multimedia content
- Develop written collateral and manage social media accounts
- Build out and manage the project’s customer relations management systems and membership base
- Implement the project’s Monitoring, Reporting and Verification approach and help prepare an impact report
- Engage stakeholders across the project’s community through internal and external channels
- Promote project events and activities to maximise attendance and participation, as well as engagement with the products of these events and activities
- General administration support
Key Working Relationships
- Project Manager and Director of Materials Embodied Carbon Leaders Alliance
- Climate-KIC Communications and Outreach Lead
- Project Partners
- Key stakeholders from the Climate-KIC and WWF Community
- Experience in implementing communications and marketing strategies at an operation level, to build profile and brand and support programmes and events
- The ability to write effective communications for key channels
- Design experience is an advantage, particularly ability to use Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of utilising social media platforms
- Ability to use programs and software such as EDM, CRM, Eventbrite, social media, Microsoft office, and Hubspot is an advantage
- The ability to develop effective long-term relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including with high-profile stakeholders
- Experience and ability to coordinate work amongst a national team
- Articulate and well organised with highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of climate change /circular economy/ building and construction industry a great advantage
- Relevant qualifications
- Can-do attitude and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Lives the Climate-KIC Australia values which are: connected, collaborative and openly innovating, nimble, demand-driven, for the long term
- Committed to the mission of Climate-KIC Australia
A position description is attached.