- Be part of the solution and help raise the quality of renewable energy products
- Unique opportunity to gain insight into the clean energy industry
- Full-time, permanent role for an immediate start
The Clean Energy Council is the peak body for the clean energy industry in Australia. We represent and work with hundreds of leading businesses operating in solar, wind, energy efficiency, hydro, bioenergy, energy storage, geothermal and marine along with over 6,000 solar installers. We are committed to accelerating the transformation of Australia’s energy system to one that is smarter and cleaner.
Reporting to the Product Program manager, the Product Program Specialist will work with all members of our Products team to provide ongoing support to the operations and development of the CEC’s Approved Products program. The role’s primary focus and responsibility will be managing complex applications, resolving disputes regarding to the program, providing input into standards development, and training other staff.
This role would suit a purpose driven individual with 3-5 years’ experience in the renewable energy industry and has a strong interest in governance.
Key objectives of the Product Program Specialist role are to:
- Provide training, advice, and guidance to other members of the team.
- Review and process applications for the CEC Approved product list, including:
- PV Modules.
- Inverters and PCE;
- Energy Storage Devices
- any future listed product categories.
- Review and implement suspensions and removal of products from lists.
- Prepare communications material regarding the CEC product listing process and requirements. Including website updates, bulletins etc.
- Respond to technical queries related to product listing, from CEC members, accredited installers, and product manufacturers/importers.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of Australian and international standards for small scale renewable energy products, and of the testing process and certification schemes associated with these.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Electrical Engineering qualifications (degree)
- CEC design accreditation for grid connect and/or standalone PV systems - preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in the renewable energy industry
- Experience in answering technical questions and communicating complex information
- Experience in design, manufacturing, testing or certification would be beneficial
- Experience designing and/or installing PV and energy storage systems - preferred
- Good computer skills - including MS Office and working with CRM systems such as Salesforce
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn new processes and adapt to a changing work environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong time management skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislative and statutory provisions, standards and frameworks relating to the PV sector and electricity supply sector.
In return, for your outstanding work ethic and motivation, you will be rewarded with a:
- Competitive salary package
- Fabulous team environment
- Passionate and driven, value-based organisation
- Flexible working arrangements
Join a team of diverse individuals united by a common purpose!
Only successful applicants will be notified.