The Clean Energy Council is the peak body for the clean energy industry in Australia. We represent and work with hundreds of leading businesses operating in solar, wind, energy efficiency, hydro, bioenergy, energy storage, geothermal and marine along with over 6,000 solar installers. We are committed to accelerating the transformation of Australia’s energy system to one that is smarter and cleaner.
Reporting to the Director Energy Transformation this key role undertakes the policy development and engagement work of the Energy Transformation and broader Industry Development teams. The role will support the Director Energy Transformation on electricity market, transmission network and utility storage matters.
Key objectives of the Senior Policy role are:
- Policy analysis and development, both independent and under the direction of the Director Energy Transformation
- Help disseminate CEC policy positions externally through written submissions and direct engagement, increasingly leading consultations and representing the CEC externally
- Build and maintain relationships with key regulatory and government stakeholders and CEC’s members
- Produce content for advocacy and communication purposes, including drafting reports, briefing papers, presentations
- Generate content for social and formal media, under guidance of the Director Energy Transformation
- Assist the Director Energy Transformation with the development and implementation of advocacy projects and campaigns
- Manage the administration and coordination of the CEC’s market and grid directorate with input and assistance from the Director Energy Transformation and the Policy Officer
- Manage the Policy Officer on discrete projects as appropriate
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualification in an energy-related discipline, preferably renewable energy, economics or engineering
- An understanding of the operation of the National Electricity Market and the energy market regulatory framework is essential
- A basic understanding of economic theory and its application to public policy
- A basic understanding of power system operation and its commercial implications for market participants
- Strong writing skills and the ability to produce documents that are logically argued, accurate and appropriately targeted to key audiences
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills to ensure work is completed within deadlines
- Research and analytical skills and ability to digest and analyse information quickly in order to provide recommendations
- Strength in building internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Sound judgement
In return, for your outstanding work ethic and motivation, you will be rewarded with a:
- Competitive salary package
- Fabulous team environment
- Passionate and driven, value-based organisation
how to apply:
To submit your application click Apply Now.
Subscribe to the Clean Energy Careers Hub newsletter or like us on Facebook.