Make a difference in the cleantech sector in Victoria!
About the Victorian Cleantech Cluster
The Victorian Cleantech Cluster (VCC) is a not for profit, industry-led cluster supporting Victoria to become a major hub for innovation, uptake and commercialisation of clean technology. The VCC provides a platform for its members to come together, share expertise and receive advice to drive the uptake of clean technology and economic growth to transition to a more sustainable and circular economy. For further information regarding the VCC please see www.victoriancleantech.org.au.
Position and working hours
The VCC is seeking a Manager / Coordinator to manage, develop and support the Victorian Cleantech Cluster’s operation and administration. The role also involves management of VCC staff, contract staff and volunteers. This position plays a lead role in shaping upcoming VCC projects, strategies and initiatives. It requires a self-starting all-rounder, who is passionate about cleantech/sustainability.
As Cleantech Cluster Manager / Coordinator, you will be required to coordinate and participate in a range of activities to support the organisation. You will need to be a well organised person with attention to detail and an ability to prioritise tasks. This position requires 3 working days or 22.8 hours. Attendance at events (both online and in-person) may also be required.
The Manager / Coordinator will work closely with members of the VCC Board, the VCC Membership and Events Officer, and VCC volunteers. The position will report to the VCC Board and is based in our office in Hawthorn, Melbourne.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Liaise with the VCC Board on the implementation of initiatives and priorities, including participating in strategic and routine planning for VCC programs, events and initiatives.
- Lead development of communications and promotional materials such as: newsletters, social media posts, promotional collateral, program packages, articles and content for the organisation’s website, focusing on delivering value to VCC members and new member recruitment.
- Lead the ongoing development of an efficient and effective administration.
- Manage all financial requirements for small non-profit including; managing Accounts Payable and Receivable, ATO payments and reporting, payroll, Superannuation payments and reporting etc.
- Foster a stimulating and harmonious working environment with the VCC Board, Staff, Contract Staff and Volunteers.
- Supervise our Memberships and Events Officer, and contribute to membership retention and planning of the VCC’s ongoing membership recruitment strategy.
- Lead all aspects of development and delivery of the VCC events calendar
- Engage with VCC members over the phone, online, and in-person at VCC events.
- Lead the maintenance of the VCC website and social media channels.
- Maintain VCC office environment and equipment.
- Contribute to growing VCC income through sponsorship and relevant grants.
- Treat Victorian Cleantech Cluster’s information as strictly confidential.
- Demonstrate and instil a commitment to the environment and sustainability.
The applicant should
- Possess 3+ years of administration experience.
- Experience in financial administration systems such as payroll, bookkeeping, accounts receivable/payable, financial reporting & analysis.
- Demonstrated communications experience including social media management, experience in developing marketing material etc.
- Demonstrated experience with grants, grant writing, sponsorship or fundraising.
- Have previous experience with member-based organisations, with interest in membership engagement, and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and ability to take ownership and be accountable for work produced.
- Possess excellent time management skills, and ability to prioritise complex and changing tasks, and strong attention to detail.
- Possess staff and/or volunteer management experience, with ability to work autonomously or in a small team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Have an interest or prior experience in the cleantech / sustainability industry.
- Sound computer skills in Google Drive, Docs and Sheets. Experience with IT would be advantageous.
- Salary package to be negotiated dependent on experience.