- An exciting opportunity to lead the strategy and implementation of the iconic Jeans for Genes campaign, working with a dynamic Fundraising Team to achieve the campaign KPIs
- Make an important contribution to the health of children through medical research
- Located in Westmead, one of Sydney’s and Australia’s major health & medical research hubs
- Salary Range ($80,000 - $100,000) + Super + benefits
About the Organisation
Children’s Medical Research Institute (CMRI) was Australia’s first dedicated paediatric research facility and is now one of the world’s most highly regarded independent medical research centres. Our research focuses on the areas of embryonic development and birth defects, cancer, neuroscience and gene therapy and we have a strong international reputation based on our research outcomes. It is also home to the world-first proteomics project, ProCan, which is changing the way cancer is diagnosed and treated. CMRI’s research programs are supported by state of the art facilities and committed research and support staff. Our achievements are made possible by a loyal network of community supporters, highly engaged donors and the very successful Jeans for Genes® fundraising campaign.
About the Role
A business-critical position in a world class organization, you will report to the Fundraising Operations Manager. This role works across multiple channels including direct marketing, digital fundraising, telemarketing, face to face & eCommerce. This position also plays a key role in building and implementing the broader CMRI eCommerce strategy to achieve fundraising objectives including supporter engagement.
- Develop and implement the Jeans for Genes annual campaign strategy and plans
- Manage the regular tracking of campaign costs and budgets
- Work closely with our Marketing and Communications team to develop and execute communications to existing supporters and new prospects to increase Jeans for Genes registrations, participation, fundraising and retention via multiple channels
- In collaboration with other Fundraising Staff, build & strengthen relationships with key supporters including fundraisers, campaign families, CMRI Committees, schools and businesses including regular communication and contact with high value supporters.
- Coordinate and manage relationships with retail partners, suppliers, warehousing & distribution
- Manage the briefing, selection, design and ordering of Jeans for Genes merchandise & apparel range based on research and data insights.
- Manage the merchandise logistics and fulfilment strategy including inventory, forecasting, day to day enquiries & order fulfilment to supporters (online store customers, fundraisers, retail partners and sites.)
- Develop and deliver the broader eCommerce strategy to increase revenue
- Support the recruitment and training of volunteers for Jeans for Genes day
Keys Skills & Attributes
- Min 3-5 years’ experience in marketing & fundraising, ideally with a relevant not for profit organisation
- Successful track record in building and implementing large national campaigns
- Strong planning & execution skills with high attention to detail
- Able to think and lead strategically, managing multiple stakeholders
- Experience in managing timelines and project plans
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet tight deadlines
- Natural relationship builder with strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- High proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Digital marketing &/or fundraising experience
- Retail background &/or eCommerce experience highly regarded
- Experience in using donor relationship CRMs (ideally Salesforce NPSP)
You will be provided with a competitive remuneration package in accordance with qualifications and experience. Additional benefits include the provision of a Public Benevolent Institution salary packaging scheme and participation in an employer-contributed superannuation fund.