- This is a part time role of 32 to 36 hours per week.
- We are a dynamic team and offer flexible, family-friendly working arrangements.
About our business and this vital role
Coast2Bay Housing Group is an innovative, award-winning, independent, not-for-profit company and we provide community and affordable housing across the Sunshine Coast and Moreton Bay regions.
We hold individuals at the heart of our mission to:
- Transform Lives — by supplying homes for people with a pathway to affordable living.
- Promote Social Inclusion — by providing a place to live for those in greatest need.
- Contribute to Economic Development — by providing key worker accommodation and stimulating construction activity to build a sustainable community.
You will join a team of professional, dedicated Tenancy Managers. You will be responsible for the efficient management of a portfolio, providing excellent service that ensures a positive tenant experience. From allocations to our Tenancy Pathway Planning Process you will work with tenants to connect them with their community and facilitate a range of support, as required, to maintain their tenancies.
You will be organised and client service focused, working to address day to day tenancy matters promptly. You must have strong networking and referral skills, be a talented conflict and dispute resolution manager, and have a passion for helping people to sustain tenancies.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
Qualifications / Experience:
- A Tertiary Qualification in Community or Social Work or similar discipline is desirable, or a lesser qualification with a strong background in property management, with a solid understanding of social housing policy, procedures, products, and options.
- Strong problem solving and proven experience/ability working with vulnerable client groups
- Case Management experience is desirable
- Drivers Licence, Blue Card, NDIS Worker Screening Check and National Police Check are essential
Required Skill Sets:
- Understanding of the needs of vulnerable people who require support to maintain their tenancy
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of drive, initiative, motivation and outcome orientation, with the capacity to deal with multiple and often conflicting priorities
- A team player
- Commitment to work within a person-centred social justice framework
- Experience working in partnership with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Well-developed computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office programs particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams and ability to adapt and learn internal IT systems
- A problem-solving mindset
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
A complete Position Description is attached below.
Please submit your application via the Apply Now button.