Consumers of Mental Health WA (CoMHWA) is the peak body for consumers of mental health services in WA. As a community based not for profit organisation, CoMHWA understands, listens and acts upon the voice of consumers of mental health and the wider community.
About the role
This is a fixed term, full time position to January 2023 for 75 hours per fortnight. Immediate start and possibility of extension.
To be successful
- Lived experience of mental health recovery.
- Demonstrated highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with a strong team orientation and consumer focus.
- Proven skills in achieving satisfactory learning outcomes within an educational and/or support setting.
- Experience and/or demonstrated skills in training and facilitation with excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to present work in a consistent and highly professional manner.
- Demonstrated planning and outstanding organisational skills, especially in relation to meeting deadlines and managing competing priorities.
- Ability to work flexibly, autonomously and as part of a team.
- Experience and/or demonstrated skills in coordinating projects to achieve desired project outcomes.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills in order to develop strategies, ideas and opportunities for resolving issues.
- Experience utilising lived experience of mental health issues in the workplace.
- Experience with providing Peer Supervision.
In addition to the advertised salary the successful applicant will have the option to participate in a very attractive tax reducing salary packaging scheme.
Please read the attached JDF for a full description of the role.
Please note that shortlisting will commence immediately.
Due to the anticipated high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.