Communify is committed to supporting people across all life stages and experiences to lead active, healthy and socially connected lives. Communify’s programs empower people to maintain their independence, connect with their community, manage their health and lifestyle and address the challenges that life can present.
About the Program
ASRA (Asylum Seeker and Refugee Assistance) Program was established through Queensland State Government funding to improve and support sector collaboration and services for refuges and people seeking asylum in Queensland. The ASRA Program provides collaborative and coordinated support through the consortium and other key stakeholders and groups to people seeking asylum and refugees in Qld.
About the Role
- To manage the implementation, delivery and ongoing development of the ASRA Program from 2021 – 2025.
- Fixed Term until 30/6/2024 with possibility of extension.
- 9 Day fortnight.
Knowledge & Skills
- Working knowledge of the challenges and barriers that people face when seeking asylum here in Australia.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
- Demonstrated experience working with a variety of stakeholders within the sector.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working from a multicultural and trauma informed framework.
- Experience and knowledge of the asylum seeker sector, the visa processes and various conditions attached to visa types.
- Highly developed skills demonstrating success working within the consortium model; working collaboratively with non-government representatives and responding effectively to address issues.
- Capacity to be solution focused and flexible in response to change.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, time management and prioritisation of workload.
- Demonstrate highly effective communication, interpersonal, administrative and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a busy, multi-functioning team with a client-centred focus.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster collaborative working relationships and strategic alliances with a variety of stakeholders including non-government and government agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise self-care and identify strategies to cope in situations of stress and pressure.
- Current open driver’s licence
- Current National Police Record Check
- Current Working with Children Check
Be part of a dynamic multi-service organisation that values social inclusion and enjoy a culture that promotes professional development.
- Workplace Wellbeing program where you are always the priority
- Increase your take home pay with salary packaging benefits
- Generous training budget for professional development
A position description is attached.