Community Resources is a national not-for-profit community development organisation that values people and the planet. We exist to create jobs that make communities better.
To do this, we run three environmental repair social enterprises – Green Connect, Soft Landing and Resource Recovery Australia; as well as a range of community services.
Last financial year we employed 650 people, across NSW, ACT, VIC, QLD and WA, 79% of them experiencing barriers to employment.
What your role will look like
The Senior Accountant:
- Performs month-end financial accounting processes for a portfolio of business units
- Prepares accurate, timely and relevant financial reports
- Leads the supply of information to the annual audit process, including preparation, supporting queries and statutory accounts production
- Prepares the year-end budget and reforecast models, pre-load relevant data and provide analysis
- Responds to service queries from business units managers and finance team members
- Focuses on service quality and continual improvement of financial management practices
- Must respect places, people and practices associated with the traditional custodians of the land
- Behave in accordance with our values of being authentic, fair, kind, brave, and sustainable
The role can be permanent part-time or full-time, and we encourage applications from those who wish to work between 30 and 38 hours each week. Work/life balance is important at Community Resources so there is flexibility regarding how the week can be structured. Work location is flexible. Hours can be worked from home and office. Location is flexible, however ideal for the person to live approximately an hour from one of our head offices - Wollongong and Forster.
What’s needed to perform in this position?
- CPA/CA designation
- Minimum of 5-6 years’ experience working in the field of accounting, with a diversity of experience
- A breadth of previous accounting experience, including: - the preparation of financial reports and budgets; day-to-day accounting processes; month-end accounting and reconciliations; financial processing and analysis
- Demonstrated experience providing value through innovation and system improvement
- Demonstrated experience leading teams
- A continual quality improvement mindset and approach
- Superior financial and management accounting skills
- Excellent attention to detail, to perform their accounting duties with a high level of accuracy and due diligence
- High level interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written. This includes being able to effectively tailor financial information to audiences of varying financial acumen
- Be proactive, highly self-motivated and comfortable working autonomously - they must be innovative, demonstrate initiative and seek opportunities to add value
For more information on the role, please email email@example.com using the subject line: Senior Accountant enquiry via EthicalJobs or call Mark Chicken on 0439 430 146.
A position description is attached.
We are an organisation that acknowledges systemic disadvantage and discrimination exist, and one that values diverse experience. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with different abilities, and people re-entering the workforce.
Find out more about us by visiting www.communityresources.org.au.