ABOUT COMMUNITY, CONNECTIONS & BELONGING PROJECT
Community Plus has partnered with Annerley Baptist Church to deliver the Community, Connections & Belonging Project. This project was developed from identified need through the Annerley Homelessness Network and is funded through Brisbane City Council’s Pathway out of Homelessness Grant Program. The project is designed to provide a local, integrated and holistic community and place-based response to support people experiencing insecure housing and to create a sense of belonging and community.
Annerley Baptist Church has been established in the Annerley area for over 150 years and in recent years have had a focus on assisting people experiencing homelessness due to the increased need in the area.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The role will be located at Annerley and will share the coordination of the Community Connections & Belonging Project with the Project Worker – Care Coordination. The project is designed to facilitate community connections that fosters and harnesses a model of support based on care and relationship to assist people with sustainable housing as well as inclusion and belonging in community.
- Co-coordination of the Community Connections and Belonging project by facilitating a place-based response to homelessness in the south side suburbs of Annerley, Yeronga, Moorooka and Rocklea.
- Development of systems, policies and procedures to support the implementation of the Community Connections and Belonging Project
- High level volunteer coordination as a key component of the project; recruitment, training and support of locally based community members as ‘community connectors’ to walk alongside people who are experiencing insecure housing
- Undertake a community development approach that is participatory and enables people to be active in the design and delivery of the project
- Develop partnerships with key stakeholders
- Effective and regular communication with project partners; Community Plus and Annerley Baptist Church and Annerley Homelessness Network
- Ensure compliance with funding and project targets.
YOU WILL HAVE:
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor level or higher degree in health services, social sciences or other related discipline
- Volunteer coordination experience
- Community development or strengths based practice framework.
- Experience in coordinating projects that deliver purposeful outcomes.
Skills & Attributes
- High level knowledge of community development and community service sector and in particular housing and homelessness.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills that can develop genuine and meaningful relationships that creates collaborative and community based response to homelessness
- Superior communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong ICT skills and demonstrated competence in the use of Microsoft Office and social media platforms
- Demonstrated initiative, flexibility and problem solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously and in a small team.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT MUST ALSO:
- Current valid Open driving license and own transport.
- Current Working with Children Check
- Work outside normal working hours will be required to deliver this project.
ABOUT COMMUNITY PLUS+ QUEENSLAND
Community Plus+ operates West End Community House, Yeronga Community Centre, QSTARS Tenancy Advice Service and delivers community development outreach throughout the heart of Brisbane Inner South. Each centre provides and promotes active centres for strong communities by constantly listening, responding and evolving with the needs and wants of the communities they are part of. We care, we are respectful, we empower the community, we are proactive and we aim to make a difference.
Community Plus+ is the ears of local communities within Brisbane's inner south and the voice of Brisbane's inner south to partners, stakeholders, other agencies and community members. We are active partners with local communities in place making.
A position description is attached.