- Fixed term part time role (until June 30th, 2022) with the possibility of extension
- Level 4.1, $81,452 (pro rata) plus super – General Division Salary Public Service CSA Agreement 2021
Community Skills WA (CSWA) is a not-for-profit organisation focussed on training and workforce development and ‘connecting the dots’ between the community services, health and education sectors and key stakeholders, across Western Australia. CSWA listen engage and advocate to facilitate a skilled workforce across the state. CSWA is one of eight industry training councils in WA who provide strategic industry advice to the WA State Training Board, the Department of Training and Workforce Development and other government agencies on behalf of our sectors.
about the role
CSWA is seeking an experienced Team Support Officer to join us. This position is a fixed term part time appointment until June 30th, 2022 with the possibility of extension, (full time hours negotiable for the right candidate).
This is a diverse opportunity for a highly motivated and diligent individual to step into a role that will see them be an integral member of day-to-day operations across the organisation.
It is essential that our successful candidate be able to build and maintain positive rapport and possess a “can-do” approach to their work. The role requires a well-presented person who is highly organised and willing to provide daily executive assistance to the team in a range of organisational requirements including report writing, editing, diary management, elementary I.T. and administrative support.
The position involves a lot of variety and hard work within a small dynamic team. The role is stimulating and highly rewarding.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide confidential, efficient, and effective administration support to the Executive Director and the broader CSWA team.
- Review, analyse and edit key reports, prepare summary documents for the CSWA team and other key stakeholders.
- Provide board meeting support to the Executive Director including agenda preparation, minute taking, meeting set-up and following up on all assigned action items, as deadlines approach.
- Draft correspondence, disseminate information and follow up on action items as directed.
- Maintain the CSWA share drive in an organised manner.
- Maintain, manage, and enhance the CSWA database.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of the CSWA website and social media.
- Maintain and monitor a calendar of reporting requirements.
- Maintain and manage email distribution groups, calendars, and inbox accounts.
- General administrative duties including managing incoming correspondence and emails, photocopying, running work related errands, preparing letters, answering calls, filing and other.
- Significant diary organisation and coordination of meetings, conferences, travel and accommodation, including management of supporting documentation.
- Coordinate and actively participate in coordination of CSWA events.
- Proven organisational skills with demonstrated ability to shift priorities on the fly, work with limited direction and to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated sound written and oral communication skills with the proven ability to present ideas, liaise effectively with all levels of staff and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in editing documents including analysis, summarising and producing reports with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Have excellent computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
- Proven ability to ensure records are created, managed, retained or disposed of appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, constructively, and co-operatively within a small team. Reliable and can be counted on in busy times.
- Demonstrated capacity to use initiative, discretion, and sound judgement, particularly related to matters that are urgent, non-routine or sensitive with the ability to work on several projects simultaneously to tight deadlines and prioritise your own workload accordingly.
- Confident enough to ask questions and solve problems, but humble enough to do things another way.
- Tidy and particular with great attention to the finer details – understand the importance of presentation as a reflection of the brand – whether how the office is maintained or how you construct an email – everything needs the same level of care.
- Energetic, eager, positive, passionate, fun, and dedicated, with a great sense of humour.
- Experience in the Vocational, Education and Training sector or Community Services, Health or Education sectors.
- Current ‘C’ class WA Driver’s License.
- COVID-19 vaccination.
how to apply
To submit your application click the Apply Now button.
A position description is attached.
Further enquiries about the role can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Team Support Officer enquiry via EthicalJobs.
Please note: CSWA requires applicants to provide a police clearance as part of the appointment process. Applications that do not meet the criteria will not be progressed and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. CSWA reserves the right to close applications early.
CSWA embraces diversity and welcome applications from people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTIQ+ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.