- Join Corrs Chambers Westgarth, Australia's leading independent law firm
- An opportunity now exists for a passionate Diversity & Inclusion Coordinator to join the People & Performance (P&P) team based in Melbourne, working 3 - 4 days per week (hours can be worked flexibly)
- At Corrs, we help you achieve your ambition - at every stage of your career
- Support the delivery of D&I projects and initiatives
- Prepare and coordinate D&I training programs and other diversity events
- Regularly update D&I content on intranet pages and assist with communications
- Coordinate initiatives relating to external partnerships and stakeholders
- Support the firm’s D&I committees, employee networks and related activity
- Assist with internal and external reporting requirements
- Maintain a dashboard of D&I metrics and assist in analysing trends
Required Skills and Attributes
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience as a Coordinator or similar in a fast paced, professional environment
- Tertiary qualifications in Diversity & Inclusion / Human Resources (or similar)
- Excellent computer literacy in Microsoft Office 2007 Package (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience working with people / talent management software and document management software will be highly regarded.
- Outstanding time management skills, and the ability to multi-task competing priorities.
- Strong organisational, numeracy and administrative skills.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to present information confidently.
- Demonstrates a collaborative and team mindset and builds trusted relationships across all areas and levels of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities and manage client expectations
- Has a positive approach and attitude, shows high levels of initiative, resilience and enthusiasm.
We pride ourselves on our client-focused approach and commitment to excellence, which creates outstanding opportunities for our people in an inclusive and supportive environment.
We encourage and support flexible working at all levels, and provide a wide range of benefits including additional leave, a great bonus scheme, gender-neutral parental leave (including paid super), pro bono opportunities, health and wellbeing programs, tailored development plans and much more. Our carefully tailored benefits and programs evolve with your circumstances and will support you throughout your career.
Our policies, practices and behaviours foster a safe and inclusive workplace, and we focus on creating opportunities and supporting a diverse workforce.
- Flexible working as standard – we’ve established flexibility as standard business practice and an option for all our people.
- Bonus leave - an additional week of leave each year (5 weeks annual leave in total)
- Wellbeing program –We support the wellbeing of our people across areas including resilience, mental health, mindfulness, personal development, physical health and self-care.
- Diversity and Inclusion – we set meaningful goals to improve diversity in leadership and enable a workplace in which all employees feel supported and valued. This includes gender equality, indigenous inclusion (though our reconciliation action plan), cultural diversity, LGBTIQ+ inclusion, flexible working and accessibility.
- Responsible business approach – we are a member of the United Nations Global Compact, and are committed to promoting and respecting human rights, supporting the Compact’s Ten Principles on human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption, and the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. We are also a member of AusLSA, which works to promote and increase sustainable practices across the legal sector.
- Learning and development opportunities – including our Australian-first international study scholarship, our national training program and our mentoring program
- Virtual school holiday program – we run a national virtual school holiday program to support parents and carers. While in previous years we had run onsite programs, with COVID-19 and various stages of lockdown in each state, the program was run virtually for the first time in 2020.
To apply click on the "Apply Now" button or contact Hannah Blandford on 03 9672 3156 for a confidential discussion.
Corrs Chambers Westgarth is Australia’s leading independent law firm. We provide exceptional legal services across the full spectrum of matters, including major transactions, projects and significant disputes, offering strategic advice on our clients’ most challenging issues.
For more information, see our website – https://corrs.com.au/.